First Snow (& Jobs) of the Season!

Threads
Well we got our first snow today! We got 3-4"! Tonight we are supposed to have sleet and freezing rain, so the less the driveways freeze over the better! Here is how this afternoon went:
First I went to one house, and used the snowblower. The snow was very wet. Then I went to a large driveway and used the snowblower on that. Then after that I went to my farthest driveway, just with the shovel (since I didn't get my trailer yet). After shoveling that one, I went back to the first 2 I did and used the shovel on them just for a final cleanup to clear the small coating. It was a busy afternoon. And why am I so happy? Because we finally got worthwhile snow!

Here are some pics:

Jobs-
snow removal 1.jpg snow removal 2.jpg snow removal 3.jpg

Snowblower-
snowy.jpg

Letting everything melt at the end of the day-
shovels.jpg

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well we got our first snow today! We got 3-4"! Tonight we are supposed to have sleet and freezing rain, so the less the driveways freeze over the better! Here is how this afternoon went:
First I went to one house, and used the snowblower. The snow was very wet. Then I went to a large driveway and used the snowblower on that. Then after that I went to my farthest driveway, just with the shovel (since I didn't get my trailer yet). After shoveling that one, I went back to the first 2 I did and used the shovel on them just for a final cleanup to clear the small coating. It was a busy afternoon. And why am I so happy? Because we finally got worthwhile snow!

Here are some pics:

Jobs-
18517-first-snow-jobs-season-snow-removal-1-jpg
18518-first-snow-jobs-season-snow-removal-2-jpg
18519-first-snow-jobs-season-snow-removal-3-jpg

Snowblower-
18520-first-snow-jobs-season-snowy-jpg

Letting everything melt at the end of the day-
18521-first-snow-jobs-season-shovels-jpg

Well I guess your not mowing lawns anymore now:laughing: I'm so glad I don't live up there.

metz12

Threads
yeah i bet your grass has stopped growing. and ya you did get a decent amount of snow. but if you get rain you are going to have a slushy icy mess in the morning! just enough snow for that too happen!

Threads
yeah i bet your grass has stopped growing. and ya you did get a decent amount of snow. but if you get rain you are going to have a slushy icy mess in the morning! just enough snow for that too happen!

Yeah and now everything is a sheet of ice! When getting the newspaper from our driveway, we literally slid down it! The municipal workers spread salt on the roads, but they didn't plow, so the roads are very bumpy and hard. There were some customers I didn't shovel, one never called me, and another didn't need it much (plus she's behind on my payments), but it is probably better for them because the snow is padding!! And now tomorrow they are saying we could get 1-3" AGAIN! I didn't think I would shovel for this storm, but it ended up needing it, so I'm not saying I won't again tomorrow!

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
I plowed some in my yesterday til I started getting stuck with GT3000 with no chains. Somehow I forgot to order chains for it. Plus both of snowblowers are down also. Chains were ordered yesterday. Might see if I can get new snowblower for $800 in the spring on closeout at Lowes or Home Depot. We got 7in of snow and 1/8in of ice. Calling for another 3-6in of snow tonight through tomorrow night.

Threads
We are supposed to get 3-5" tomorrow! And then some Saturday!

metz12

Threads
i just put my plow on my craftsman today just in case we get enough snow to plow. hopefully we do so i can test out my new improvements. we are supposed to get a decent amount on the weekend storm.

Threads
i just put my plow on my craftsman today just in case we get enough snow to plow. hopefully we do so i can test out my new improvements. we are supposed to get a decent amount on the weekend storm.

Yeah we will probably get a couple inches then....I can get used to this! :thumbsup:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah while your are playing in the snow I'm still playing in the grass. LMF you always wanted pictures, well this is what were clearing now.

A-frame 001.jpgA-frame 003.jpgA-frame 005.jpgA-frame 006.jpgA-frame 013.jpgA-frame 007.jpgA-frame 019.jpg

This is just the front yard, there's twice as much out back. Were going to be there all winter :smile: