First kick at the can

dusty-t

Threads
I had the Kubota out for the first time this winter. Maybe an inch. I just did one place this morning. An insurance company that wants no snow on their lot. Took about 5 min. I need more snow.:biggrin::biggrin: Dusty

Attachments

• DSC00386.jpg
    DSC00386.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC00387.jpg
    DSC00387.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 22

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had the Kubota out for the first time this winter. Maybe an inch. I just did one place this morning. An insurance company that wants no snow on their lot. Took about 5 min. I need more snow.:biggrin::biggrin: Dusty

"ONE INCH of snow....?!?! Better go buy a bigger tractor to handle all that white stuff. Just offhand, how much do you charge them for that amount of work? At my sideline job, I charge $25 an hour...five minutes earns me about 42 cents. :biggrin:

dusty-t

Threads
I need more snow. I am starting to get bored. Money ! Do you mean that some people make money doing this stuff.:laughing: Dusty

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I need more snow. I am starting to get bored. Money ! Do you mean that some people make money doing this stuff.:laughing: Dusty

Well, when you said insurance company, I naturally assumed it was a commercial plowing job...I do five or six of our neighbors driveways after a heavy snow, but never expect a dime of compensation...however, I do get invited to all the backyard parties in the summer months....:biggrin:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Your tractor looks GREAT...
There is nothing like doing snow in a tractor WITH a cab...
I assume you did put heat into the cab...?
:smile:KennyV

dusty-t

Threads
I guess you could say it is a commercial account. He does pay me. But it is very informal, no contract or anything. Small town, everyone knows everyone. That is my only commercial property. Other than some spots the big machines can't get in to. Those don't pay, at least not in cash. Sometimes I might need gravel or topsoil or whatever. You never know when things come back to you. The same with the neighbours. What comes around goes around. I am not well enough to do this for a living but I am well enough to do it for fun. That cab is probably one of the best things I have made. No heater but I get enough heat from the engine to work most of the winter without gloves. The sliding window is on the wrong side, I have to back through the drive through.:cool Dusty

Hershey

Threads
My goodness, an entire inch of snow for all that Kubota. Somehow, it doesn't seem like a fair fight, so to speak. I'm not sure who to say won the fight, either.

dusty-t

Threads
The Kubota won the fight but the battle has just begun. I HOPE!!!!! It will be an awfull long winter without a bunch of snow.:biggrin: Dusty

173abn

Threads
dusty t ,nice rig.did you say you made the cab? russ