Echo PB 250 Leaf Blower Is Now Stalling After Warming Up

Threads
  • / Echo PB 250 Leaf Blower Is Now Stalling After Warming Up
Hi, Thanks for reading this post. I love this machine so much, I'd like to fix it if possible, rather than replace it. I have a PB250 2 stroke leaf blower. It has been flawless for years. Lately, when I start it up, it runs for a few minutes and then bogs out and dies. If it's cold out I use the choke and it runs for a minute and then dies. After that, or when it is warm, it starts up and then bogs out and dies after a few seconds. Seems almost like it is running out of fuel but there is plenty. I figured the spark plug might be the issue since it was original. I replaced the plug with the correct part and it still has the issue. I suppose it is possible that the top end is worn out since it is a 2 stroke. If that's the case, I'll toss it out and get another echo. But if it can be repaired, or this is a common issue, I'd like to fix it and keep this machine.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, much appreciated!!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
When it starts bogging out if you let go of the trigger will it idle, or just continue to die.

Threads
I tried running the machine and remembered that it never really held an idle. With or without choke, if I take my fingers off the throttle, RPM's would slowly decrease and then it stalls. It would start right back up tho. I just held it wide open all the time. I tried running it yesterday. It ran great for about 5 minutes and then bogged out. It would start right back up again tho. I noticed that when it started to bog, I could grab the choke lever and move it to keep the machine running. As it started to bog, I'd put the choke full on and it would start to raise the RPM's but then it would head towards a stall so I would turn the choke off and it would start to raise the RPM's but then it would head back to a stall again. But I could "save" it by moving the choke to the opposite position each time. So when it started bogging with choke off, I'd pull the choke level up, that would catch it from stalling but then a second later it would head towards a stall and I would move the choke off and that would catch it for a second and then it would start to stall again, I'd move the choke lever to catch it again. It seemed like if I did this, it would not stall I could keep it running - not steadily but indefinitely. It's not usable like this as it takes two hands to keep it running, 1 for the throttle and 1 for the choke level - but I figured it was worth mentioning. Not sure if she should head to the graveyard or if there is a fix, figured I'd ask. Thanks for the help!!!!