Echo is anti gun

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
ECHO INC has posted there Lake Zurich headquarters with a no guns sign under the Illinois concealed carry act. I cannot support a company that wishes to violate my constitutional rights, and will be informing my customers about there anti gun stance.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
That tells thugs it's ok to rob us because no one here has a gun

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'll may or may not step on some toes when I say this. I believe in freedom of speech and protecting my personal property. So if I have to force then I will.

bwdbrn1

Threads
I strongly support the 2nd Amendment too, but knowing some of the folks in my area who have been the most vocal about Illinois' reluctance to pass the concealed carry law, I find myself a bit more nervous knowing they may be carrying as opposed to not knowing if a stranger might be carrying illegally. Not to be argumentative, but is there is a bit of a difference between the federal constitutional right to keep and bear arms, and the state granted license to carry concealed weapons?

Here's another, slightly different notion. We have the right to freedom of movement, but does that mean that everyone should be entitled a driver's license and that a company shouldn't be allowed to place restrictions on where I park my car when I visit a retailer?

But I'll tell you that I pose these question to people I know who question why folks own guns to try to get them to open their minds just a bit. The question they ask is why do people feel the need to own guns and why own more than one? These same folks will gladly sit down to a dinner of Porky or Elsie, but draw the line at Bambie. The question I pose to them, though pretty simplistic, is "what's the speed limit on the street out front of your house? When they say 30 mph, I then ask, what's the highest speed speedometer on your car read? When they say 120 or so, I ask why they need a car that can go 120 when the legal speed limit is 30? I usually end with, if I legally own and responsibly use a firearm of any kind, why should you care? Stay out of my business and I'll stay out of yours as long as you do drive responsibly.

I'll admit up front that I don't know all of the particulars, but the State of Michigan has, or is wresting with the issue as it pertains to carrying otherwise legally owned weapons onto school properties.

One thing that got me riled up was when Ruger got their shorts into a knot a few years ago when they put restrictions on health insurance for employees who rode motorcycles. We're all aware of liability issues and how they raise their ugly head in our litigious society these days, and companies believe it necessary to put into force policies that run against the grain of some, and this is most likely Echo's response to the right to carry law.

treeman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Didn't someone reply to your post elsewhere that Briggs also has signs? Will you not support that company now?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Personally i don't care about other peoples opnions including companys... Echo will still make quality products regardless of how they feel. So I will still buy because I don't care...... I have 2 guns one registered and one not I don't care about the laws and bull and some company taking a stance changes nothing for anyone including any of you. You are just hurting your self in boycotting a good.brand . Oh and BTW they don't give a shiz about how you feel and your opinions changes nothing either

Mike88se

Threads
I'll still buy Echo products if the need and opportunity arises. Don't forget that Echo has their rights too.

Threads
I'll still buy Echo products if the need and opportunity arises. Don't forget that Echo has their rights too.

Same here I dont care what they allow, or dont thats up to them.

clpolcar

Threads
Same here I dont care what they allow, or dont thats up to them.

I will continue to buy echo because they make great products. I don't care if the love guns or hate guns. Who cares. Even if guns are taken away there will be another thing that will pop up to be substituted as a gun. So who care. If you like echo products buy them. If not then don't. Its your feelings.

Threads
I will continue to buy echo because they make great products. I don't care if the love guns or hate guns. Who cares. Even if guns are taken away there will be another thing that will pop up to be substituted as a gun. So who care. If you like echo products buy them. If not then don't. Its your feelings.

Yep they dont tell me what to do on my property so who are we to tell them. Some places support the carry permit law, and some dont.