DYT 4000 electric clutch

kawabob1

Threads
Hi all,
I am new here. I think I saw a posting on a Craftsman DYT 4000 electric clutch but insure where it is now. Anyway, here's my story. This winter when I put on the snowblower attachment it worked fine, when I went to use it I pulled the knob and the belts spun and the auger whizzed around as it should, when I dropped the blower down to blow snow the thing stopped. I went through this 3 times then left it to become a big lump in the snow. I think I read that there are diodes that can go bad??? In short it would run for a few minutes while warming up and then just stop. I was not too concerned as I had a back up mower and went to run it and the engine seized up after 20+ years good ole lawn boy. If someone can help me trouble shoot the issue that would be awesome. I really do not understand electrical stuff very well but willing to make an idiot of myself on here to try, appreciate your time! The model is 917.2736403, serial 061804B001312

Last edited:

kawabob1

Threads
It is a start, does anyone know if the craftsman mower have a clutch that is adjustable as far as the gap?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It has probably the Warner 5217-35 clutch which is not adjustable. Or at least that is the current replacement clutch.

kawabob1

Threads
OK, thats what I was hoping for, I did get it to work yesterday and mowed the entire lawn, about 1.5 acres. I was asking the question as a just in case kinda thing. I would really like to know why it did not work in the winter withe the blower on it. I thought that the clutch either worked or it didn't not tempermental, that's why I was asking the question. Thanks again!