DR 22" walk behind self-propelled mower

Swetekwity81

Forum Newbie
Threads
just came upon DR Power mowers. $339 for a this mower- what a deal~! Search for DR mowers and you will find it is their only self prop walk behind model.
this is the only mower with a cast alum desk that I could find. It has every feature I'm looking for to replace my 17y.o. Troy-Bilt Tuff Cut EXCEPT an OHV B&S Intek engine. This DR sports a flat head, BUT, it's a big 190cc motor. And the price is pretty sweet too.
Anyone know anything about DR mowers? I always thought they were a commercial equipment mfr.
Are they trying to liquidate stock w/ such low prices? And if yes, will I be able to get parts for this mower in 5-10 years? I tend to keep cars and mowers a LONG time!
thanks.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
I own a DR Trimmer/mower (oversized string trimmer on steroids) and a DR dedicated chipper.
I have been impressed with each.
They seem to build a sturdy piece of equipment that functions as it should.

Just my $.02

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am sure the push mower you are looking at is an OHV engine, mainly because Briggs stopped making flat head engines in 2015. They seem to back up their products at least from a service center standpoint. the Briggs engine shouldn't create a parts problem for several years.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am sure the push mower you are looking at is an OHV engine, mainly because Briggs stopped making flat head engines in 2015. They seem to back up their products at least from a service center standpoint. the Briggs engine shouldn't create a parts problem for several years.

http://www.drpower.com/power-equipm...n-7-25fpt-ms-b-s-exi-self-propelled-mower.axd

The motor in the vid sure looks like a flat head.
DR started using Briggs engines on this mower (had been Subaru) in 2014.
Could just be an older video, or, they have an inventory of engines from that time.
Who knows??

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just received a flyer from DR.
The current engine on the 22" walk behind is the B&S EXi series, which is overhead valve,