Do away with the 'New Members' forum......

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
If I have seen it once, I've seen it a thousand times: People get directed to the 'New Members' forum and asked to make an intro, and instead, they just post a question. No 'hi', no nuthin - just "I want an answer....." There is a place for that, and it's in the REST of the forum.

Just plop the newbies in 'general'. Briana will have to move the threads, anyway. Save her a step - and maybe get some quicker answers for the noobs - by just directing them there. Those of us who answer usually look at the postcount anyway, and will give a welcome to the newbies wherever they post.

Yes, it's really annoying to me, because I know I was instructed in my registration to post questions in the rest of the site, and just to say hi in the newbie section. Yes, it is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. But, these new members are largely ignored, and would be better served with no other choice BUT to post in the forum.

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Perhaps we should do that... let me think it over and see if that's the direction we want to go.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have been making a mistake all this time concerning newbies. It's been a long time farr, far away that I first registered.

Since we are all about the "kinder, gentler LMF" - you mght want to re-write your welcome TO TELL NEWBIES THERE ARE NO POSTCOUNT LIMITATIONS TO POST ELSEWHERE!!!!!

I think, when you go to a new board, the welcome spam, er, message, should be as welcoming and gentle as a warm apple pie as you'd like the Front Porch to be. Apparently, the newbies seem to think the 'new members' thread is the ONLY place they can post.

This is probably WHY so many new members post questions in the NM forum. This is OBVIOUSLY a recurring problem. After talking to a NM, I think i've found your problem. If you'd like the rest of the site to be warm and inviting, don't make your first address to the NM be so sterile and business-like.

I could write a welcome for you - just PM me.