DIY metal object detecting lawnmower

DuctTape Mechanic

Forum Newbie
Threads
Let me know your thoughts on my project. If you like it please consider subscribing

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just wondering are you the one that duct taped the blade on the walk behind I repaired last year?

DuctTape Mechanic

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just wondering are you the one that duct taped the blade on the walk behind I repaired last year?
What?? No I'm new to the forum. I'm a tinkerer thus the name. Check out the video though

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Had to ask. I kknow you are new here but seriously I did someone to just duct tape a blade on. So Dangerous.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Go idea, but I’ll play the devils advocate. Very narrow sensing area, what happens when the metal is outside 3”? Second, would the $$$ make it out of line for a manufacturer to install, thus pricing it out of practical use. Third, do you think there would be a market for the average homeowner to want as an add on? Again, neat idea, but would it be worth the $$$.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Some of the commercial guys hang a harbor freight sweeper magnet on the front of their push mowers.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Will it work in time with the average person pushing the mower and with the mower running at proper RPM?

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
You need to activate the blade brake at the same time. But that will take more than just electronics.