D600 crank bearing?

briggs206

Threads
I got my D600 running great but it seems to have a knock noise while running. I have a considerable amount of crank deflection and I think this is causing it. are the crank bearings serviceable and if so where do I purchase them?

Phototone

Threads
I believe on the "D" series engines (both D400 and D600) the lower bearing is a bushing pressed into the lower crankcase casting. Lawnboy service manual says you have to replace the crankcase, however I think I have read where some people have pressed out the old sleeve and machined the crankcase to take a roller bearing. The D series engines have a loose roller bearing as the top bearing, and the little rollers can fall out when you remove the top plate. If you don't have all the rollers in their sleeve it can cause a loose condition as you describe. Also wear on the crankshaft itself can cause this.

jp1961

Threads
Yes, the lower bearing is a non replaceable bushing. The upper bearing has needles in this amount, Former bearing - 25 needles, Bremen bearing - 32 needles, Torrington bearing 33 needles. If you disassembled it, make sure you;re not missing a needle. I have a Bridgeport with a boring head, and could machine out the bushing.

Jeff

briggs206

Threads
ok thanks. I didn't count the needles but It looked like they wer all there.

Stevenn1

Forum Newbie
Threads
The top bearing is probably the part number 679277.