D105 won't move

Stillpoint

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey all,

We have a D105 that recently stopped moving (forward or backward). I'm certainly not an expert in these sorts of things, but we live on an island and I'd like to fix it myself if I can. I removed the mower deck and jacked it up to get a look underneath. I saw another recent thread dealing with a similar complaint and so I took a look at the described belts/etc. described. The transmission belt seems to be in pretty good shape, but the variator belt feels really loose (I attached a photo). Is this likely my problem? I'd love to hear from someone with more knowledge than myself before I try to swap it out.

Thanks for any help!

Screen Shot 2022-05-08 at 2.24.21 PM.png

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The variator belt is loose at stand still
To make it go your foot tightens the belt .
Jack the mower up and run the mower rear wheels off the ground
If they turn in opposite directions then the parking brake is engaged .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
First I would start by cleaning off all the debris on the transaxle as with the RT400 that can cause problems.

RT400 Service manual

Telesis

Threads
Star, I tried the link to the RT400 manual and it doesn't come up. What I was able to do was right click on the link and then select 'Copy link address' and paste it into a new Google Chrome tab and hit return. Then it came up.

FWIW.... Thanks!

Stillpoint

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the input all! I cleaned off the transaxle, which took some doing as it was caked with compressed grass. While it is off, I also ordered a new variator belt as the one that is on there looks like it is missing about 1/4"-1/2" of height. I'm optimistic this will get it running again. Thanks again for all the help.

D

Deleted member 97405

There is external linkage on the top of the transmission that you can't see unless you angle a mirror up in there. If debris is blocking it, it won't allow your pedal linkage to move the variator. In some extreme cases, I've had to actually remove the transmission to get it all cleaned up and moving properly. Thank goodness this transmission is no longer being used!