Cutting out

JohnSawyer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Using riding mower for 2 acres of land. On a slight incline. First 1yr no problems. Second year by the end of the year, after mowing for about 45 minutes, the rider was having problems running going up the incline. Before third season, changed plug, air filter, fuel filter, oil filter, and sharpened blades. This did not correct the issue. After about running 45 minutes when going back up the incline the mower was acting like it was not getting enough gas and cutting out (plenty of fuel). Never had this issue with any rider for the past 20yrs. Bought the mower brand new in 2017, TB kohler 24hp motor Super Bronco. This is the first rider I have had that there was a vacuum line going from the tank to the carb. Could this line be sucking in on itself and causing the fuel not to travel to the carb?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The first thing I would check is to see if you are loosing a cylinder when then engine warms up. Possibly a coil going bad due to a ho short.

JohnSawyer

Forum Newbie
Threads
The first thing I would check is to see if you are loosing a cylinder when then engine warms up. Possibly a coil going bad due to a ho short.

thank you for the information. I followed up searching the info you provided and found that this looks to be a common thing with the newer kohler motors. I still got to verify my model and check out the kohler service site to see if my motor is among their list. I hope not.