crankshaft collar

jerrycmorrow

Threads
installed new oil slinger/governor and pto seal in my b&s engine. there is a collar, see photo, that goes on the crankshaft and seats on the seal. I can find nothing in a service manual or in IPL regarding this.
it is apparently a press fit. need some advice as to how to reinstall it. it didn't come off easily, took some prying. cleaned it and the shaft up with low grit emory paper and ready to install. should i just drive it on or is there another, easier way?shaft collar.jpg

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
What is the model of the Troybilt? As for that collar doesn't seem it belongs on that engine as there nothing keep it from damaging the seal.

jerrycmorrow

Threads
model number 12A1869F011
the diameter of the shaft starts increasing just below the upper lip of the seal thus protecting the seal. hard to see in the pic but its there

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The spacer you are talking about is there to make sure the pulley half and lower pulley assembly do no come in contact with the crankcase cover. It is a press fit so you can slowly tap it on, with some grease to help it move easier. I have a short piece of pipe which I use to tap it into place. It will stop when it hits the raised part of the shaft.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
model number 12A1869F011
the diameter of the shaft starts increasing just below the upper lip of the seal thus protecting the seal. hard to see in the pic but its there
Thanks as I didn't see a journal to stop the bushing. With the bushing being 25mm so go with Rivets method of getting it on as there is stop before the seal.

jerrycmorrow

Threads
Thanks guys. Went right on with a little grease and two taps