Craftsman t2300 917.255810 just quit running. cranks but wont start

davidmichael52

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Craftsman t2300 917.255810 just quit running. cranks but wont start
Its only two years old and it just quit running as i was mowing. Just stopped. It will turn over and seems for like a second it will start and quit atomatically. I changed spark plug and tested it with a spark plug tester and i am getting a spark. I took off the gas line to the carb and gas is running out at that point. I changed fuel filter,air filter and still wont start. I took the fuel solenoid off and the plunger is free. should i just buy a new carb and change that? Also i am unable to remove the connector on the side of the fuel fuel solenoid someone said id have to get a screwdriver and push in on the side and at the same time pull it off. I still cant seem to get it disconnected.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
YEs they are tight
What is important is that it retracts when you turn the key on.
You can check that with solenoid still in the float bowl.

If the mower stopped dead like the key was turned off then it is an electrical fault
Either the fuel solenoid shut off or the kill wire got grounded & shut the magneto off .
So you pull the blower housing off then pull the kill wire off the coil & try to start the mower .
If it fires up and continues to run then there is a wiring fault .
Identifng what is the problem is the easy bit
Finding out where is the fun bit.

davidmichael52

Forum Newbie
Threads
ill try that tomorrow i am now at work... yes it quit just like you turned the key off. I stand off the mower and turn key on and it does not even make a sound from the fuel solenoid. Should my headlights turn on even if i dont have the motor running? my headlights dont turn on when i click the switch... should the motor be running in order for the headlights to be on?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads