craftsman snowblower help

corvairbob

Threads
i have a 9-27 snow blower with power steering that has the one handle chute lever that controls the side to side and the up and down. the model is 247.88790 what i need to knw is did sears ever come out with a fix for the chute up and down? if i tighten the bolts i can't move the chute and with them loose enough to move then i can't keep it in the position i need, it goes all the way up and i can't have that sometimes. has anyone found a fix. if not can anyone direct me to a fix. thanks bp.

possum

Threads
I would call MTD and ask them.

DaveTN

Threads
Try some rubber washers on the adjustment points. The increased friction will help hold, and yet not tight enough to stop you from moving it. Of course it's a temporary fix, but should last a while. Good Luck.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Try some rubber washers on the adjustment points. The increased friction will help hold, and yet not tight enough to stop you from moving it. Of course it's a temporary fix, but should last a while. Good Luck.

Rubber washer with a regular lock washer ie from outside in bolt, lock washer, metal washer rubber washer chute lock washer, nut. Get a good quality rubber washer that is easy to obtain and this will work like a charm takes a little muscle to adjust but you can adjust

corvairbob

Threads
Rubber washer with a regular lock washer ie from outside in bolt, lock washer, metal washer rubber washer chute lock washer, nut. Get a good quality rubber washer that is easy to obtain and this will work like a charm takes a little muscle to adjust but you can adjust

thanks i will give it a try.

corvairbob

Threads
well this is what i have done. i took off the 2 bolts holding the chute and replaced them with longer bolts and springs. i took it out in the back yard and ran it around and piled the snow up over and over while placing the chute in different positions. so fat it seems to be holding but time will tell. thanks all for the ideas. don't remember springs as an idea but all suggestions inspire ideas. maybe others will find this will work for them on other machines. bob p.

DaveTN

Threads
well this is what i have done. i took off the 2 bolts holding the chute and replaced them with longer bolts and springs. i took it out in the back yard and ran it around and piled the snow up over and over while placing the chute in different positions. so fat it seems to be holding but time will tell. thanks all for the ideas. don't remember springs as an idea but all suggestions inspire ideas. maybe others will find this will work for them on other machines. bob p.

Glad it worked out! Good ideas spring from other ideas like in a "Think Tank". I'll remember the springs and perhaps use it on another project. You would think that the mfg would have take that problem into consideration. How much more would it have cost to put the "springs" in? Why don't you patent the idea and sell it back to the mfg? :thumbsup: :laughing:

de dee

Threads
Glad it worked out! Good ideas spring from other ideas like in a "Think Tank". I'll remember the springs and perhaps use it on another project. You would think that the mfg would have take that problem into consideration. How much more would it have cost to put the "springs" in? Why don't you patent the idea and sell it back to the mfg? :thumbsup: :laughing:

were did you get the right size springs, off of a brake shoe spring in a drum brake? same idea, in the way it works,. I think I will do mine the same way,. thank you for the idea,.