Repairs cobalt 27h no start

tjny

Forum Newbie
Threads
trying to help a friend out with zero turn 27h.Was parked after mowing when returned unit would not start ( no crank).I have bypassed all safetys brake,seat,both steering arm switches,replaced time delay module and pto switch and still no crank. With a 12v jumper and ignition on can touch start terminal on switch and start unit.You can check voltage at this terminal without jumper and see 12v and hear both relays clicking with no reaction at starter.I can also jump starter solenoid and start unit . Suspecting ignition switch but not adding up for there is 12v there now at start position am i missing a safety switch ? Any help greatly appreciated !

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...

There should always be 12 volts on the large cable terminal on the starter solenoid... BUT there will Only be 12 volts on the Small terminal when the key switch is held in the start position...
If that small terminal will not show 12 volts then it is going to be a lockout switch or the key switch itself... :smile:KennyV

tjny

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks kenny thats where i am at now for some reason not getting power through the relay assy. I can jump terminals at relay and engine cranks with key but no start .apparently relay also feeds ign on engine got to find a schematic !