Castle Garden same as some Honda set ups ,blades turning all the time

John Sleith

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Castle Garden same as some Honda set ups ,blades turning all the time
Hi I’ve changed my timing belt on my castle garden tx102 put everything back together ,when I put the deck to high position the blades are turning even when disengaged I’ve tried everything I can think of
It won’t start in high position when disengaged only in low deck position will it start (the battery also gets drained as though drive deck belt is too tight )
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks John

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
John.
Tried to check out what an XT 102 was but nothing comes up on the casltegarden web site
IS that model number correct ?

John Sleith

Forum Newbie
Threads
John.
Tried to check out what an XT 102 was but nothing comes up on the casltegarden web site
IS that model number correct ?
Hi thanks for the reply the model castle garden xt160 on the back plate is Tx 102 please see attached picture just seems theirs to much load on the deck belt

thanks john FC165CFE-7E9C-4B2A-B8A6-DFFC0EACF502.jpeg

John Sleith

Forum Newbie
Threads
I wasn’t sure what the blade direction was before taking of the deck so I’ve put it on as nth/sth - East-west not surely this wouldn't effect it ?

John Sleith

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi

Just charged it up at bottom of the started got it garaged but the engine to deck belt smoking very badly no matter what height when disengaged belt feels loose could this be a sized pulley ? (Should Engine pulley have one or two bars keeping the belt on as I see wear on the outside of the metal One thatdoesn’t move seems strange but?)

let me know your thoughts when you have time

Thanks John.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
getting GGP information down here is near impossible
Their main web site is in Italian
The Castle garden web site does not recognise your model number so without the IPL there is nothing more I can do.
Hopefully a member from the UK or EU will chip in & help you.
Good luck.

John Sleith

Forum Newbie
Threads
getting GGP information down here is near impossible
Their main web site is in Italian
The Castle garden web site does not recognise your model number so without the IPL there is nothing more I can do.
Hopefully a member from the UK or EU will chip in & help you.
Good luck.
Good news
I got to the bottom of it the deck belt was tight when I replaced it so the solution was adjustment of the the deck height bolts one either side at the front of the deck
I never touched these when taking it of to replace the old deck and belts so this why I never thought of it at the start it raised the height slightly and pulled the deck forward slightly leaving a slack enough belt
Thanks for the input I’m off for a beer in the garden grass can wait until tomorrow ????
Simple when you know how ???