Carburetor replacement issue

amateurmechanic

Forum Newbie
Threads
I replace the carburetor on my craftsman Ltx1000. Everything looks the same and fits nice except the fuel solenoid goes off to the side instead of straight down. Because of this the wire does not reach. What can I do? Can I somehow extend the wiring? Thanks.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes you can extend the wiring as likely only a two wire setup and solenoid is not polarized. Just depends you ability to do proper extension.

gsim

Threads
Easy repair to splice in a piece of wire. Compression fit sleeves come in kits complete with crimpers. Good to have kit in your shop.

keakar

Threads
I replace the carburetor on my craftsman Ltx1000. Everything looks the same and fits nice except the fuel solenoid goes off to the side instead of straight down. Because of this the wire does not reach. What can I do? Can I somehow extend the wiring? Thanks.
remove carb, remove bowl screws, turn bowl and replace screws, that should position it to reach with the wires you have

if it doesnt appear that will allow it to reach then yes just cut the wire and add in a short extension