Carb adjustment tools

Cfs

Threads
I have a full set?? of carb adjustment tools for 2 cycle carbs. But I have started to see some new configurations. Recently on a Chinese made engine and on a Stihl bower. The adjustment screws are centered in another screw. So that the actual low speed or high speed screw sits below a halo type collar that prevented me from inserting a Splined adjustment tool. It was also a diameter or spline size that I do not have. I have a larger standard sized tool that was too big and some that were too small to fit onto the splined screw head.
It seems like the tool would have to be the right diameter but also a thin enough wall that it could slip past the halo around it. I hope someone knows what I am asking about. If you have a name of the style of tool and or a part number or a vendor to get it from I would really be grateful
Spit

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have a full set?? of carb adjustment tools for 2 cycle carbs. But I have started to see some new configurations. Recently on a Chinese made engine and on a Stihl bower. The adjustment screws are centered in another screw. So that the actual low speed or high speed screw sits below a halo type collar that prevented me from inserting a Splined adjustment tool. It was also a diameter or spline size that I do not have. I have a larger standard sized tool that was too big and some that were too small to fit onto the splined screw head.
It seems like the tool would have to be the right diameter but also a thin enough wall that it could slip past the halo around it. I hope someone knows what I am asking about. If you have a name of the style of tool and or a part number or a vendor to get it from I would really be grateful
Spit
Not available to any one unless you are a certified Stihl agent and have the EPA approved emission testing equipment .
OR you can buy one in a kit of tools from Amazon
Stupid isn't it ?
So the EPA's attempt to clean the environment makes you buy a pile of tools you do not need which creates the pollution that they are supposedly reducing .

Cfs

Threads
Yes it is very counterproductive: I have 10 different sizes of tools but not one that’s fit this new style. Do you know if this style has a name?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If it is what I thinking it is that part depresses so you can adjust the mixture.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No not one I have come across ,,,yet
I seem to need to buy a new set of carb tools at least once every year so now have a box full of extras that I never will need
Yes it is very counterproductive: I have 10 different sizes of tools but not one that’s fit this new style. Do you know if this style has a name?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just wait until you find out there is about 20 different ones. Plus Stihl now has a octagon version out. Luckily most versions become rare to come across but I still use about a third of the ones I have.

And there is the extra large external single D that is used on the Kohler carbs that I had to make my own for. Plus one internal D on some larger carburetors.

Joed756

Threads
Not available to any one unless you are a certified Stihl agent and have the EPA approved emission testing equipment .
OR you can buy one in a kit of tools from Amazon
Stupid isn't it ?
So the EPA's attempt to clean the environment makes you buy a pile of tools you do not need which creates the pollution that they are supposedly reducing .
I have cut those "haloes off, then cut a straight groove in the top of the adjustment screws and used a straight screw driver to adjust. Works like a charm.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just wait until you find out there is about 20 different ones. Plus Stihl now has a octagon version out. Luckily most versions become rare to come across but I still use about a third of the ones I have.

And there is the extra large external single D that is used on the Kohler carbs that I had to make my own for. Plus one internal D on some larger carburetors.

I'm wondering if the screws are the same and only the adjustment restrictors have changed? If so, that would be easy enough to change them out and not have to worry with buying a lot of new tool.

Wait, what am I saying? I love buying new tools. 😁😁😁😁