Can't Put Deck Back

Mowing S Awesome

Forum Newbie
Threads
For the life of me, I can't put the deck back. I have done it before and it's always a pain. I did buy the right belt but it seems short. This is a 2016 Bronco XP 54 in deck. The belt is 139 in. I bought the non-OEM part as per the manufacturer. All the part numbers were there as per the manufacturer and various sites. Any Ideas?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Just to be sure, the part number for that belt is 954-05025A, or compare the old belt to the new one if you still have the old one.
There should be a model number tag on the bottom of the seat, punch that number into any online mower parts store and you should find a diagram that will help you be sure you've routed the belt correctly,
and the PTO isn't engaged is it? I think this one has an electric PTO so it may not matter.

Mowing S Awesome

Forum Newbie
Threads
Correct, that is the model number of the belt. I don't have the old one. It is an electronic PTO so as far as I know it is fixed and the wheel just begins to turn when pulled. Any other ideas? Thank you. ??

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Did you actually measured the new belt or just going by what the seller claims it is?

I personally know that Sunbelt and A&I belts are not sized correctly many times. Usually nearly 2" short on 5/8 belts. I through threw out over $1000 in belt last June because of this. The problem had got so bad that I quit buying belts from them but do rarely buy one, The two I got from A&I both were an inch short and was unusable.

It is the very reason I spent $200 on a v-belt measurer.

Last edited:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
"and the wheel just begins to turn when pulled"
would you mind expanding on this ,please?.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I personally know that Sunbelt and A&I belts are not sized correctly many times. Usually nearly 2" short on 5/8 belts. I through out over $1000 in belt last June because of this. The problem had got so bad that I quit buying belts from them but do rarely buy one, The two I got from A&I both were an inch short and was unusable.

I have some issues with some distributors are using A belt measurements and others using L belt measurements and them not knowing the difference in how they are measured, inside vs. Outside, usually about a 2" difference. Some equipment mfgrs will spec an "A" belt of xx inches and folks get pissed when they get a 4L or 5L belt the same length and it is the wrong size.

Mowing S Awesome

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you actually measured the new belt or just going by what the seller claims it is?

I personally know that Sunbelt and A&I belts are not sized correctly many times. Usually nearly 2" short on 5/8 belts. I through out over $1000 in belt last June because of this. The problem had got so bad that I quit buying belts from them but do rarely buy one, The two I got from A&I both were an inch short and was unusable.

Darn, that sucks.