Building me a toolbox for my trailer...

Threads
i don't have a welder, yet , and can't afford one, yet...

but i did have some 3/4 plywood laying around and some black paint...

this thing will be temporary, as in probably a year at least. i wanna go metal after i buy that welder...

anyway, let's begin...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

i got 1 coat of black paint, then realized after putting my saws away i forgot to cut the lid at a pivot point :laughing:

oh well, i will catch that tomorrow after mowing...

:drink:

Threads
where did my pictures go...?

they are on another mower forum and i linked them from there... is that a problem?

Threads
and i cannot edit my first post... the option is not there...

hmm... :thumbdown:

Threads

D2hornets58

Threads
i don't have a welder, yet , and can't afford one, yet...

but i did have some 3/4 plywood laying around and some black paint...

this thing will be temporary, as in probably a year at least. i wanna go metal after i buy that welder...

anyway, let's begin...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

i got 1 coat of black paint, then realized after putting my saws away i forgot to cut the lid at a pivot point :laughing:

oh well, i will catch that tomorrow after mowing...

:drink:
Another thing you could do instead of welding one is buy a toolbox thats made for the bed of a pickup truck. I recently rebuilt a trailer and I used one of the toolboxes made for a pickup truck bed and it worked great. I used one of the ones that are supposed to be kind of hidden in the bed so it doesnt have the "wings" its just flat. The one I used is similar to the one in the following link.
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=pick...217&start=0&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:0,i:116

Last edited:
Threads
Another thing you could do instead of welding one is buy a toolbox thats made for the bed of a pickup truck. I recently rebuilt a trailer and I used one of the toolboxes made for a pickup truck bed and it worked great. I used one of the ones that are supposed to be kind of hidden in the bed so it doesnt have the "wings" its just flat. The one I used is similar to the one in the following link.
Google Image Result for http://173.203.60.223/SuperContainer/RawData/Images/Category2/Pickup%2520Truck%2520Tool%2520Boxes%2520by%2520Delta%2520Chest

i considered going that route, but with a 5x10 trailer i need all the floor space i can get....

i really wanna build something like this in the future...

100_0708-2.jpg

D2hornets58

Threads
i considered going that route, but with a 5x10 trailer i need all the floor space i can get....

i really wanna build something like this in the future...

100_0708-2.jpg

Ya something like that would definatly be good for a 5x10 trailer. My brother has one very similar to that one on the trailer he uses for landscaping and it works out good. It has plenty of room for stuff and you can put stuff under it. The trailer that I put one on was a 16 foot trailer so I had plenty of room for the other kind.

D2hornets58

Threads
well that was strange... i closed the tab and reopened and they show up...

nevermind, been a long day...

I cannot see the pictures of the tool box that you made. Could you repost them because i want to see what yours looks like.
thanks