Briggs & Stratton Engine Stalling

smak4432

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,
I have a 3 year old Toro TimeMaster 30 in. self propelled walk behind mower that has been giving me fits recently. This summer, I had a new spark plug, air filter, fuel filter, and new oil installed as regular maintenance. Ever since then, the mower now will stall after running for 3-5 minutes of operation. If I let the mower sit for 5-10 minutes, it will start back up and then stall again after another 5-10 minutes. The odd thing is that when it begins to start stalling, if I lift the back end of the mower up so that the deck is vertical to the ground (normally horizontal), it will keep running for another 5-10 minutes until I have to do this again. I'm sure I look like the oddest person in the neighborhood when doing this procedure every 10-15 minutes but it keeps the engine running. Any idea why this engine would be stalling like this and why lifting the back end up would remedy the problem? My next step is to either clean or replace the Carburetor. I am at wits end and about to throw in the towel.

Appreciate any guidance/feedback. BS Engine SN 18 0116 56 81672

Thanks,
Mark

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Briggs 14D932-0110-F1

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Debris in a fuel tank or fuel lines will cause those symptoms
Remove the tank drain, dry & clean it . replace the fuel lines

smak4432

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the quick response. I will take a look at the fuel tank/lines as culprits.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
You might remove the fuel bowl and check it's contents. May have some junk in it.