Briggs & Stratton 5HP Rebuild HELP

jlambert56

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Everyone!

I Know this post is not necessarily a lawn mover related post but I am currently rebuilding a Briggs and Stratton 5HP engine that is used on a Manco American Express go kart.

I live in the UK and I am struggling to find any rebuild parts for this engine such as a gasket kit and new piston rings.

I have added some pictures of the engine and I'm hoping someone might be able to help identify the model of the engine and let me know if there is anywhere that I would be able to get parts for this engine.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

rsz_1american_express_go_kart.jpgrsz_briggs_and_stratton_5hp.jpgrsz_briggs_-_fuel_tank.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Look next to the spark plug wire, you’ll find the engine numbers stamped into the metal shroud. Post those number, there will be a model type and code. We will then be able to help you out.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
What Mr. Rivets said. you may need to use a wire brush and do some cleaning to find it.
Ebay is a good place to look as sometimes you can find either Chinese parts and New Old Stock parts being sold. Or you can get ahold of a local small engine repair shop and they might can order parts for you