Briggs intek v twin starts hard

Yardstar

Threads
Hello everyone I have a briggs intek v twin model 445977 with 113hrs, my buddy let it sit a while because it was hard to start and he had a zero turn, by hard to start I mean he had to turn it over for an unreasonable amount of time. So skip to, I get the machine and remove the bowl from the carb, the jets are in the bowl so i got a new carb off ebay for $20, upon installing new carb i notice the intake manifold was deformed so i ordered an oem briggs manifold. I installed everything and it still will only start if i pour gas in the intake, i have a good spark, the backfire solenoid works when i pull it out and test it, the valves are set, and the fuel pump pumps good, the choke closes all the way also, and when it does start from the gas in the intake it runs great, any help is appreciated im completely stumped.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Does it start AND RUN normally when you use fuel poured down the plug hole ?
If yes, then get a good carb from a known mower shop or proper parts supplier.
A lot of the really cheap stuff on Ebay / Amazon/ Craigs list is cheap because the vendor paid scrap metal price for them.
HE paid scrap metal price because they were defective

Yardstar

Threads
Yes it runs awesome until i turn the key to shut it off, I odered a new o ring set for the old carb and ill try that when it comes in.

AVB

Threads
If the kit is from Briggs then the jet o-rings will not be in it.

Yardstar

Threads
It is not the kit from briggs it is off ebay

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
If the OEM needle valve is plastic pitch it in the trash and purchase a brass valve.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Yep, the needle controls fuel flow into the carb bowl, which in turn feeds the engine

Yardstar

Threads
Ok ill see whats in the oem one and in the chinese one thats on it now, by chance dies anyone have a p/n? Thank you for the inout so at everyone