briggs and stratton 650E series engine

vincecoco

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello I have a Rover 12A-E10V633 lawnmower fitted with a briggs and stratton 650E series engine 190cc I purchased this secondhand and would like to give it a service, I fitted a new genuine air filter changed oil, the spark plug that was fitted is a NGK B2-LM would anyone know is this the right spark for this engine

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looks like flat head or what is referred to as an L head engine. So I believe the current recommendation is the BR2LM but the B2LM should be fine, but according to another thread on this forum another person had issues with using the non-resistor style plugs and having misfire issues.

vincecoco

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looks like flat head or what is referred to as an L head engine. So I believe the current recommendation is the BR2LM but the B2LM should be fine, but according to another thread on this forum another person had issues with using the non-resistor style plugs and having misfire issues.
Thank you

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I tried both resistor and non in a 3.5hp Briggs horizontal. No difference found, for THAT engine at least. Use OEM recommended plug to be safe.

slomo

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Post up your engine numbers so we can look up your proper spark plug.

slomo

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
@slomo In case the OP doesn't come back with the model numbers, my research shows it to be a Quantum style engine.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello I have a Rover 12A-E10V633 lawnmower fitted with a briggs and stratton 650E series engine 190cc I purchased this secondhand and would like to give it a service, I fitted a new genuine air filter changed oil, the spark plug that was fitted is a NGK B2-LM would anyone know is this the right spark for this engine
Can you post the engine numbers so we can look up your spark plug?

slomo

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Newer B & S engines use BR2LM the R being resistor.
I should run on both but will run a little better on the R plug.