BOWED FRONT

Threads
Since last winter I have noticed that behind the snowblower "blades" the metal is bowed, due to all the weight. I have a picture of what I mean (the green line is where it is bowed on my snowblower): snowblower.jpg
I have been trying to get it straightened out by rolling up a towel and putting it under just the middle part, so it will straighten, but it is a slow process. I am not able to have the snowblower down as low as I would like (so there is no snow left after I snowblow) because of the bowing. How else can I fix this??

D2hornets58

Threads
Threads
Not sure if I know what your talking about but is the part thats "bowed" The metal piece bolted on. I know on plows its called a cutting edge and my snowblower has one. Its a metal bar that touches the ground to scrape and it goes across the back. That could be worn out and needs replacing. Its hard to see but it would be the part circled in this picture
.http://www.mytractorforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=139588&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1295386679

Yes that is the piece. I hope it doesn't need replacing, though, because I only got this snowblower in January and used it only once for 10 mins.

D2hornets58

Threads
It should last much longer then that. Can you post pics of it? If it does need to be replaces it is a very easy job and shouldnt cost too much but if you barely used it then it shouldnt need to be replaced yet.

Threads
It should last much longer then that. Can you post pics of it? If it does need to be replaces it is a very easy job and shouldnt cost too much but if you barely used it then it shouldnt need to be replaced yet.

Sure, I will take a picture when I have a second this morning.

Last edited:
Threads
OK....so here are the pictures. It is hard to see, but the middle is obviously lower than the ends (see picture 1). I could stick a wrench under the metal on the ends, and even have space above it (picture 2), but I could not get it under the middle (picture 3). That is how bowed it is! And just wondering...is the metal supposed to skim the ground to gather all the snow or be just above it?
DSCN2219.jpg

DSCN2226.jpg

DSCN2229.jpg

Last edited:

D2hornets58

Threads
OK....so here are the pictures. It is hard to see, but the middle is obviously lower than the ends (see picture 1). I could stick a wrench under the metal on the ends, and even have space above it (picture 2), but I could not get it under the middle (picture 3). That is how bowed it is! And just wondering...is the metal supposed to skim the ground to gather all the snow or be just above it?
View attachment 9673

View attachment 9674

View attachment 9675

It looks like on the two ends you have black pieces that touch the ground. On plows(and i think snow blowers) those are called "shoes". I know on plows the height of those is adjustable to either put the bottom of the plow closer or higher off the ground. If your are plowing a gravel drive way those will keep the bottom of the plow a little bit off of the ground so it doesnt dig up the gravel. If you dont have those then the metal should scrape the ground. On my snowblower i have shoes but they are adjusted so that metal cutting edge touches the ground. The metal touching the ground helps scrape the pavement and do a better job of not leaving a small layer of snow on the ground. So are those two black pieces on the end the only things touching the ground and does it leave some snow behind?

Threads
It looks like on the two ends you have black pieces that touch the ground. On plows(and i think snow blowers) those are called "shoes". I know on plows the height of those is adjustable to either put the bottom of the plow closer or higher off the ground. If your are plowing a gravel drive way those will keep the bottom of the plow a little bit off of the ground so it doesnt dig up the gravel. If you dont have those then the metal should scrape the ground. On my snowblower i have shoes but they are adjusted so that metal cutting edge touches the ground. The metal touching the ground helps scrape the pavement and do a better job of not leaving a small layer of snow on the ground. So are those two black pieces on the end the only things touching the ground and does it leave some snow behind?

The shoes touch the ground, but the metal (the thing that is bowing) does not touch the ground. But yes it does leave a layer of snow.

slammed

Threads
The shoes touch the ground, but the metal (the thing that is bowing) does not touch the ground. But yes it does leave a layer of snow.

Just adjust the shoes so they bring the blade closer to the ground.