Bought a new Honda today

enigma-2

Threads
Lawn boy started leaking a few drops of gas, garage began to smell of it. Probably the fuel line cracked. After all its 25 years old this spring. So I decided to get the little lady a new mower rather than put up with that pice of junk.

Drove over the local Honda dealer, intended to to get the biggest and best. Imagine my surprise when he told me he only had 1 electric start in stock. Last years demo. One! And only 3 Hondas in stock total! What the ####?

He said he doesn't think that he will be able to get mowers this year. And not just mowers. Anything Honda. Seems the Tennessee factory is down. Policy is, if anyone on the line suspects they have COVID-19, they must get a test and stay home two weeks if negative or two weeks after a clear test. And they continue to get paid. So what they're doing is doing, is getting a COVID-19 test every two weeks, staying home and getting paid! The factory isn't working.

Anyway I bought his only electric start, a HRX217K6 VLA.

Brought it home, had the little lady unload it and mow the front yard. She said it's a heavier mower than the old Lawn Boy, needs to learn the drive mechanism better, but loves the electric start. (The old Lawn Boy is really had to start, especially since she entered her 70's a few years ago).

Dealer told me the battery needs the Honda charger to touch up if you don't mow for at least 1/2 hour. And charge in spring after winter hibernation. But he can't get any chargers! Have several on order, but they're stuck on a boat and can't get unloaded! Told me he's hoping to get some in by fall.

Guess he wasn't kidding. Went online and nearly everyone's sold out. Did find one dealer who had a couple and picked one up. But sheash.

Looks like its going to be a great mower though.

Wife looked happy. Honda is a good name, have a Honda tiller that turns 32 this year. Still starts on first pull, even after winter hibernation. (But I did have to put on new tines a few years back. Expensive little dickens considering they're just some bent steel).

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Congrats on new Honda. I have a vintage Honda Mini-tiller FG-100. runs super.

All mowers & more are on back order. Crazy, but it's happening.

I lucked out getting my 2021 LZ. Only one in stock & still in the crate.