Bobcat Zero? Is this a decent deal?

jpcjguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey all,

New here and am closing on a 2 acre property at the end of the month so I am shopping for a zero!
As usual, the amount of information is overwhelming online about brands, size, etc.
Went on to craigslist and found a recent posting of a BobcatCommercial Fast Cat Pro Zero Turn Mower. It is 2 years old with 52" Deck, the 22 HP Kawasaki, It has a recent synthetic oil & filter change, greased with synthetic grease, new spark plugs, new air filters, new fuel filter, new hydro filters with synthetic oil, new belt installed, newer blades, 450 hours asking $2850. The guy said he went bigger. He has a small mowing business and used it for his lawn also. He *said* he was the only one to use it. He also said said he has a Trac Vac Leaf Vaccum with single 44 gallon can and Mibar 15 Gallon Sprayer that are 1 year old. All for 4300.

What do you all think?

Thanks
Joe

Threads
Hey all,

New here and am closing on a 2 acre property at the end of the month so I am shopping for a zero!
As usual, the amount of information is overwhelming online about brands, size, etc.
Went on to craigslist and found a recent posting of a BobcatCommercial Fast Cat Pro Zero Turn Mower. It is 2 years old with 52" Deck, the 22 HP Kawasaki, It has a recent synthetic oil & filter change, greased with synthetic grease, new spark plugs, new air filters, new fuel filter, new hydro filters with synthetic oil, new belt installed, newer blades, 450 hours asking $2850. The guy said he went bigger. He has a small mowing business and used it for his lawn also. He *said* he was the only one to use it. He also said said he has a Trac Vac Leaf Vaccum with single 44 gallon can and Mibar 15 Gallon Sprayer that are 1 year old. All for 4300.

What do you all think?

Thanks
Joe

Thats not bad at all but make sure you drive it around a bit, engage the blades, and look for any leaks. Also look for newer parts that might have been replaced to see if there is a story with them of why they where replaced. Sometimes its just part failure, and sometimes its operator error. They are pretty good mowers though the kawi engine is a big +, and if you can get us some pictures of it would be good to. Welcome to the Forum!..Joe..

jpcjguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the feedback. Here are some pics of everything:

00000_9tzz0E3zrtj_600x450.jpg

00F0F_bAL2xrUOa1M_600x450.jpg

00a0a_gKINWjJOUyP_600x450.jpg

00G0G_gPFGDSj6W9o_600x450.jpg

00L0L_iS1aHGBcYk0_600x450.jpg

00q0q_37sIvphWaVp_600x450.jpg

00X0X_8R6odDTnki_600x450.jpg

00505_d8p2AONr6h7_600x450.jpg

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's quite a set up for the price.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey all,

What do you all think?

Thanks
Joe

Bob Cat isn't a bad mower. The bobcat ZTR's are made by Schiller Grounds Care in WI. They also manufacture Mantis and Steiner and several other things or items for ground care. Having 450 hrs on that Kawasaki is nothing, it's just getting broke in so don't let that worry you and the $2850 price isn't bad although I'd try offering a little less before I said yes to that figure, don't believe you would go wrong.

jpcjguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Got more detail - it is a 942299F model with the FX651V motor. After calling Bobcat - it has the ZT-2800 and not the 3100 hydro-gear, so a little weaker. The guy at bobcat says he sees about 15 hydro-gears come back a year and that is across all models. Considering I am a homeowner with 1.5 max acres, I think this would be a great machine for my use. Especially if I can get it around 2600. What do you all think?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Got more detail - it is a 942299F model with the FX651V motor. After calling Bobcat - it has the ZT-2800 and not the 3100 hydro-gear, so a little weaker. The guy at bobcat says he sees about 15 hydro-gears come back a year and that is across all models. Considering I am a homeowner with 1.5 max acres, I think this would be a great machine for my use. Especially if I can get it around 2600. What do you all think?

I think if you can get the unit for 2600$ your getting a pretty good deal. The ZT 2800 is a good unit, I wouldn't worry about those my ZTR is running the 2800 and I've got near 800hrs on mine and never a problem and I run mine about everyday during season.

jpcjguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks. That is what I am thinking. Not sure on the accessories though and if I should get them also

Parkmower

Threads
I'm not familiar with the mower but it looks like a good deal. The bagger would be nice but he wants way too much for it. He prob paid way too much for it. I don't care about the sprayer.

jpcjguy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm not familiar with the mower but it looks like a good deal. The bagger would be nice but he wants way too much for it. He prob paid way too much for it. I don't care about the sprayer.

From what I can tell, the trac-vac is a 452 model and doing some internet searching has the cheapest at around 1600-1700. He said he paid $1700 for it - which does not seem far off.....