Badboy Lightning Hydro adjustments....how???

Hardluck

Threads
Can someone remind me how to adjust the speed and sensitivity of the the Hydro on a Badboy Lightning mower? It is just to sensitive.. Rapid starts and turns. I just destroy the turf when turning, even as slow as I can.

Thanks.

I need to have more motion in the levers before the unit reacts.

allmotor408

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hardluck- did you ever get any input here?

Hardluck

Threads
No, I never got any advise or answers. Not even from Badboy when I called them.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
How old is the mower did it do it since it was new?

Hardluck

Threads
Thank you, it's a 2011 mower, I think. It was the last year for the Lightning . It has about 30 hours on it. It has been in the garage mostly because i can not use it. Yes, it has always done it!

BigBlueEdge

Threads
Have you tried your dealer? They were no help?

Have you tried e-mailing Bad Boy? I've asked 3 or 4 questions of them before my purchase and since and they have been very helpful and responsive via e-mail. Even to the point of creating a set of alternate front arms for me to try to address an issue (which may be the standard parts for next year's model).

info (at) badboymowers.com

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
how hard are the steering arms to move with the mower not running. Have seen steering arms too tight and cause this problem.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looked up your mower and it has lock nut and springs to apply tension to the steering arms. Try loosening the nuts to put less tension on the arms.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looked up your mower and it has lock nut and springs to apply tension to the steering arms. Try loosening the nuts to put less tension on the arms.
The spring tension is set by using a feeler gage of 0.030. Or about the thickness of a credit card. The card or feeler gage is inserted between the spring coils. The springs are loosed or tightened until there is the 0.030 gap between the coils.

Hardluck

Threads
Have you tried your dealer? They were no help?

Have you tried e-mailing Bad Boy? I've asked 3 or 4 questions of them before my purchase and since and they have been very helpful and responsive via e-mail. Even to the point of creating a set of alternate front arms for me to try to address an issue (which may be the standard parts for next year's model).

info (at) badboymowers.com
Yes I have and they are no help. Says that it can not be done, have to replace the hydros with different types..
I had a couple other issues right after i first bought it and they were not any help with either. They may be better now with new purchases but for me their after sale support sucks!!!