Bad Boy tank light kit details

BigBlueEdge

Threads
Does anyone know the manufacturer or part number for the LED lights themselves that Bad Boy sells as a light kit for some models like Rogue? I'm not looking for the part number of the kit, but for the lights themselves. Looking to buy just the lights and not the whole (very expensive) kit. If you have this kit, is there anything printed on the lights that might identify them? I find it hard to believe that BB would have these custom made so I have to think they are available for sale somewhere.

Thanks!

bad_boy_lights.jpg

cbbennin

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'd be interested in finding these mounting plates for my Maverick HD...I already have lights I can use. But I haven't seen these particular lights online, even on Alibaba

siraltitude71

Forum Newbie
Threads
Also looking for info on only the lights. Have the Bad Boy logo panels was going to attach the lights to those panels. If no info on lights alone, are they 2" pod lights?

BigBlueEdge

Threads
I've been asking in several forums for a year or so and nobody has any info. I'm pretty surprised since it would be very unlikely that BB spec'd those lights custom for this use... I'd imagine they just went to a light manufacturer and found some that met their needs and bought them in bulk. But it's like nobody has ever seen them. Apparently they don't sell many either, because I've also never had anyone claim they had a set to look at to get part number info.

siraltitude71

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've been asking in several forums for a year or so and nobody has any info. I'm pretty surprised since it would be very unlikely that BB spec'd those lights custom for this use... I'd imagine they just went to a light manufacturer and found some that met their needs and bought them in bulk. But it's like nobody has ever seen them. Apparently they don't sell many either, because I've also never had anyone claim they had a set to look at to get part number info.

I ended up just taking a chance and searched Google for 2" led pod lights and found these.
4WDKING 2 Inch LED Round Light, 20W Spot Driving Light Waterproof Off Road Ditch Light Work Lamp for Motorcycle ATV UTV Dirt Bike 4x4 Pickup Truck Boat Trailer, Pack of 2 Pcs https://a.co/d/aHXWSzy
Ordered them along with wiring and spacer kit. The bolts in the tank or 1/4x20 x.5 long. Luckily we keep bolts at work so I just grabbed 8 at 3/4" and 1" long and decide which size spacers will be needed for wires behind the plates. Although I did find a part number for the hardware kit from BB for mounting the lights that can be purchased separately it is #088-0998-02.
So, I'm just going to go ahead and use my BB Logo plates that came on my rebel and see how it goes.

Last edited:

BigBlueEdge

Threads
Let me know how the light pattern & output is once you get them mounted, please.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just wonder where they hid the gold.

Last edited: