B@S 8HP

fayjim2

Threads
I need to find a carb kit or a replacement carb. The engine will not run constant. It just oscillates,/hunts/surges. I cant find any identying data on the carb. I have had the gen since new

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Carb for a 8 hp briggs doesn't tell us anything. How about supplying the model number of the engine which could be located on the blower housing or the ohv cover. and possibly the model number of the generator so we can narrow down your possible engine options.

fayjim2

Threads
Model194412 Type 1114-01 Code 92102110 Homelite Gen EHRL4400HD

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Complete carb is 390323 Over $200 and the carb repair kit is 398235 superceding to 394693

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just rebuilt one of those carbs last week. Unless the throttle shaft is worn out the carb is easily rebuilt. The big mistake people make is not removing the fuel tube at the high speed jet. You have to remove the high speed adjustment needle assy then there is a tube you have to remove with a good screwdriver before you can remove the 3 screws and separate the carb. These carb are known for leaking. When you put in a new fuel tube crank it fairly tight then back a turn. Do this a half dozen times then seat it fairly tight and it will usually seat it fuel tight.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Note here a good straight sided hollow grind flat tip is needed and not the common flat tip screw driver or you will strip out the nozzle. This prevents climb out. I use those 1/4 hex bits and modify as needed. Sometime only need a little of the hex knocked off, other times further mods are needed.

As said the upper and lower sections can't be easily separated; unless, the nozzle is removed.

Also be aware many after market kits have mis-threaded parts. It is best to go with the OEM rebuild (repair) carburetor kit on this one.

One trick to get the nozzle to seat properly is to grind most of the threads off the old nozzle. While using fine valve grinding compound use the old nozzle to polish the seat. You only want to grind enough of the threads off so they don't catch and still keep the nozzle centered.

fayjim2

Threads
How to no if its a OEM kit if I don,t know who made the carb. I can,t find a marking on it no where. I know its the original because I bought it new.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Take it apart before buying any parts, getting that jet out without screwing up the carb is the main thing to focus on. Many times you can go through it and only needing gaskets, and inlet needle. Get the correct screwdriver, that is a must.