Autonomous solar powered mower?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Actually I got one of these...
http://www.amazon.com/Friendly-Robo...tic/dp/B0001ZI54M/ref=acc_glance_ol_ai_-2_t_4
From the folks at Friendly Robotics. My brother had a medium sized lawn in Topeka. It worked great for him for about 3 years . He move onto a golf course development that all grass is mowed by the association so now the robomower is in Phoenix at my BIL's ... My sister tells me he sets out with a cool one watching the thing mow just so the neighbors can see how hard he is working.
They do a great job if you are only doing less than 10,000 sq ft.

And they can be found for under $800. KennyV

Greenblades

Threads
I liked it, but sadly not solar powered. I suppose its the same thing where if I built a shed with some solar panels I could power it. The price does look to be about $2000. Where can it be purchased for $800?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you watch liquidators and close outs on prior models, they come up fairly regular. KennyV

JasonB

Threads
There Neat to watch mowing lawn, not my cup of tea though as I still enjoy cutting grass myself. Great though if you don't like mowing or don't have the time to do so. They work great in Cities.

RockHound

Threads
Oh man!! My dream come true!! I would love to have a "robot" to mow my yard. But I have too many obstacles to mow around and over. I have two streams in my yard, one beside of my house and one in front. So it would take some doing to get it set up. Guess I'll have to keep one of the old fashioned kind.:smile:

Greenblades

Threads
Liquidators and prior models. I didn't think of that. It would take a bit of work, but to get it for $1200 less would be worth it. And it looks like though it might accidentally nip a snake, its not going to run over any fawns. It is going on my list of mowers to consider, if I can find one for a good price.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
But I have too many obstacles to mow around and over. I have two streams in my yard, one beside of my house and one in front. So it would take some doing to get it set up.

They are very easy to set up and they will stick to whatever schedule and permission zone you dictate, they automatically detect any new obstacle and avoid them... And drive back to recharge or when finished mowing. You can take it via a remote to new areas it is not familiar with...

BUT they will not ford a stream... you would have to show it a safe crossing. They can mow day OR night, they don't need lights, dark suits them fine. They are fun, quiet mowers with three stainless steel blades that clip perfectly. They are great for lawns in the 10,000 foot size... but NOT in the acres like I have. then I love to mow and am glad I don't have a small enough yard to consider one of these. KennyV

Helper

Threads
It is a cute toy but I like cutting grass myself just like Jason. It is a hobby already. I have a lawnmower but I only use it when I'm too busy to cut the grass myself. I might buy the mower that Kenny is telling us if ever the lawnmower I have breaks down.

Greenblades

Threads
Kenny the way you continue describing it makes me salivate more and more to have one. I hope I can find one for a good price. You make it sound better and better.