Anyone running the Carlilse AT101?

steved

Threads
Need new tires, these are available locally...thoughts?

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Depends on what they will go on and what you plan to do with them on your machine.

AT101 Bar.jpg

I had a set similar to this on a JD 318 and they didn't tear up lawn unless it was wet.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Like BKBrown said... "Depends on what they will go on and what you plan to do with them on your machine."
For mowing & snow I have found that a good Rounded Shoulder turf tire can not be beat... that is on ZTR's or large tractors...
The only place that a bar tire is marginally better is in clay MUD...
The shallow bar tires, AT101, are closer to turfs than actual AG bars so they will be a,most as good as RS turfs... :smile:KennyV

steved

Threads
Unfortunately, this is the direct replacement for a 725k Grasshopper...it has a odd size, I have only found two tires in that size and only the AT101 is even remotely stout enough.

I would rather have a 4-ply turf tire, but they just don't exist in this size that I can find. I am pulling the wheels tonight, have the AT101s mounted tomorrow. Got to mow grass.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Unfortunately, ...it has a odd size, I have only found two tires in that size and only the AT101 is even remotely stout enough.

I would rather have a 4-ply turf tire, but they just don't exist in this size that I can find.

Now I'm curious ... what size tire is it? :smile:KennyV

steved

Threads
Grasshopper uses a oddball 21x11x8.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is there a reason why you can't go to a 22x11-8 ?? there seem to be more choices in tread and ply ratings in that size.:thumbsup: It would only be 1/2" higher and only need 1/2" more clearance to work.

steved

Threads
Is there a reason why you can't go to a 22x11-8 ?? there seem to be more choices in tread and ply ratings in that size.:thumbsup: It would only be 1/2" higher and only need 1/2" more clearance to work.

Before I installed the new AT101, I would have said there was lots of room; but with full tread height, I don't even have that half inch. I thought the oem tire (also a Carlilse) never really had much tread, boy was I wrong on that! They were just worn that much.

The AT looks like its pretty aggressive, but its installed...had a flat and need to mow! Curiously the one that was flat also had a tube (these are tubeless rims and tires)...so I'm wondering if I screwed the tube up by running low (recommended) pressure?

I did install two new tires, so I should be good for some time!

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
OK - glad you have the problem solved for now. :thumbsup:

Pictures ????

steved

Threads
Old tires:

SU1HMDAyMzktMjAxMTA1MTAtMTE0Ni5qcGc.jpg

New tires:

SU1HMDAyNDAtMjAxMTA1MTAtMTE0Ni5qcGc.jpg