Air Fryer cooking

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Samsonlite, You didn't stepped that much. As many of us goes around JD for parts. I hardly ever by parts from JD any more. There one note on the PTO clutch bolt; however, is a 7/16-20 which should torque to 55 ft/lbs. if it was a M10 then it would have been 45 ft/lbs.

Personally I would have use the Xtreme X0424 clutch to replace that Warner clutch.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I was amazed at how it browns the batter. Although, I've learned, at least with chicken, it's best to spray it with a little oil. The chicken I cooked the other day, after the chicken was cooked, some of the flour was still white.
Onion rings. Now that's a good idea.
Trying holding your near the exhaust of your mower engine sometime. I fairly you will remove it before it gets cooked to brown stage.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes, Just replying to a comment PT.

As for what this discussion is about I am working buying a replacement my current blown microwave so this air fryer discussion just adds to my options to consider after I recover this weeks water heater expense.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, Just replying to a comment PT.

As for what this discussion is about I am working buying a replacement my current blown microwave so this air fryer discussion just adds to my options to consider after I recover this weeks water heater expense.

I still use my microwave. It's a must have. For example: Baked potato in the air fryer, like 20 to 30 minutes. Microwave, 6 minutes.

To help conserve electricity, after my coffee has brewed, I turn it off. If need be, I'll heat up a cup in the microwave if I want some later.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
PT, I learn to drink cold coffee during the day; unless, it is cold outside then I might reheat it. Now of course I go thru two or three pots per day. Just finishing my second pot right now.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
PT, I learn to drink cold coffee during the day; unless, it is cold outside then I might reheat it. Now of course I go thru two or three pots per day. Just finishing my second pot right now.

I used to be that way. All day every day. But lately, not so much. Now instead of making a 12 cup pot, I make a 6 cup pot. I love strong black coffee. So strong that it wakes up my ancestors. So reducing the amount of water I use, allows the coffee to be twice as strong. Since I've been doing that, I don't drink near as much.
I'll drink about 5 cups in the morning. Then about 4 or 5pm, I'll heat up the last cup.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I still use my microwave. It's a must have. For example: Baked potato in the air fryer, like 20 to 30 minutes. Microwave, 6 minutes.

To help conserve electricity, after my coffee has brewed, I turn it off. If need be, I'll heat up a cup in the microwave if I want some later.
LAzy meal
1 potatoe + 1 large onion in the microwave for 90 seconds
Cut a deep cross in each one a slather with herbed butter ( I have about 10 different herbed butters in the fridge ) .
Grew both the onion & the potatoe

Microwaves cook by heating the internal moisture so what goes in needs to be fresh & moist
Better for cooking veggies than meats because they do not seal the outside so the juices are driven off & don't remain within the meat .
Where as veggies are best cooked skin on so the moisture remains within the veggies & the flavours are intensified plus all of the vitamins that are not heat sensitive are retained.
People with auto immune dieseses do have problems because all of the minerals are also retained so for instance people with Lupus that is triggered by the K2 receptors need to boil veggies with hight K contents to remove the K from them
Similar thing for people with high blood pressure that is Na sensitive boiling is the only option if they are to avoid flare ups .
SO you need to be aware of how the method of cooking affects the food you cook because even good food can make your symptoms worse .

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't have any steaks. But I found a couple of roasts in the freezer. Turns out, you can even do roast in an air fryer. This man does his on "bake." I would think broil. But no matter, I suppose. It turned out good for him.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And boy do I hate the no salt diet I am suppose to be on. Cant find anything that has no salt or is low salt.