Adding insulation, heat resistance to the bottom of toro zeroturn hydrostatic transmission

a022mil

Threads
  • / Adding insulation, heat resistance to the bottom of toro zeroturn hydrostatic transmission
Is it safe todo this, a extra piece of metal added to bottom of muffler, can I add an heat resistance film to the bottom of the hydrostatic transmission to eliminate the burning of my grass when I stop on the grass, either while running or it is still hot on the bottom when I turn the mower off, I have a twin cylinder model4225. Want to make certain I do not mess up anything!

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Adding insulation, heat resistance to the bottom of toro zeroturn hydrostatic transmission
An extra heat shield for the exhaust is probably a good idea, but that hydro needs as much ventilation as possible. If it's that hot you might give it a good cleaning and check the cooling fan - if I'm reading your post right.

a022mil

Threads
An extra heat shield for the exhaust is probably a good idea, but that hydro needs as much ventilation as possible. If it's that hot you might give it a good cleaning and check the cooling fan - if I'm reading your post right.
The mower only has 38 hours on it, extra shield put on where the heat blows downward from muffler, done by dealer, was trying to figure something to lessen the heat from the Two hydrostatic Transmissions, they are spotless, seems like a lot of heat from them, is this normal?