725d Lost steering. Help!!

bullfighter

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello thanks for letting me join. Im new to large zero turns and to Grasshoppers but have been using a 2011 and 2014 725d for several months at new job and love them.

Yesterday the 2014 was mowing fine and as i made a spin I lost all steering or movement forwards or backwards. I've checked and have plenty of fluid and can find no leaks anywhere. Is there a single belt that moves this pump? If so i cant for the life of me find it.

Thanks for any help yall may be able to give me.

Chris
Tunas Mo

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just read, those have a fine particulate filter in the hydro system. I'd change all the hydro filters and fluid. Find out how the hydro system gets powered off the engine.

Man those are some heavy mowers. Like 1400 to 1500lbs. Must rut the turf like crazy.

Some of the real experts will be along shortly. I know nothing about 0 turns.

slomo

bullfighter

Forum Newbie
Threads
They are heavy but only seem to rut here on steep angles. Thanks

Rickw

Threads
There is a plastic coupler that connects the engine to the hyd pump. Under a black shield I think. I have heard talk of them wearing out.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm by no means a Grasshopper expert but it sounds like you lost hydraulic pressure. Is the deck raised hydraulically? If so, can you raise it? If you can't, that means the pump has failed or has become disconnected from its drive source.

The 725D is a heavy duty zero turn with a horizontal crankshaft diesel engine and doesn't use very many belts.