Price Check 67 craftsman mower (help please)

xx67dudexx

Forum Newbie
Threads
I need help with someone that really know what this thing is. all I can tell you is I bought it for a few bucks not really running and now it cuts my grass with no problems... I don't know what I'm doing wrong to post a pic but the s/n is 131.8430 thanks to anyone that can give in insight

Last edited:

xx67dudexx

Forum Newbie
Threads
hey thanks for the info. thing cuts grass pretty good! it had no problems cutting my lawn plus its fun to ride it. heres how mines looking. thumbnail-1.jpeg very clean I think. but if you know anyone with one please share my username id like to see how many I can track down. at the moment I've found only 3 in the us. one of the 3 is mine. the other too were to such bad shape.

Rustyspace

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, I sure am glad to see that I am not the only person interested in these little gems. 20191008_221900.jpg Hopefully you can see my picture. The two in the picture (in the picture) are indeed in my possession. 131.8430 and a 131.8532. I have had very little luck finding much info on these machines and in my free time I still dig around on the web a little. I have somehow got lucky and found the owners manual and parts list on ebay at one point. I also know, after digging up some vintage sears ads, that they were sold from 1966 to 1968. The older ones have a 3/4 steering wheel and non gear reduction steering. Whereas the later ones have a full steering wheel and gear reduction steering. Along with a structural change to the vertical brace holding the dash panel. The engine is a v60 tecumseh 6hp. Most of the engine parts are still available new except the muffler, fuel tank and fuel guage.

upupandaway

Threads
67Dude, JC- does yours have a differential on the rear axle?

Bat57

Threads
hey thanks for the info. thing cuts grass pretty good! it had no problems cutting my lawn plus its fun to ride it. heres how mines looking. View attachment 43536 very clean I think. but if you know anyone with one please share my username id like to see how many I can track down. at the moment I've found only 3 in the us. one of the 3 is mine. the other too were to such bad shape.
Hi, just thought i would let you know i found one here in Georgia. Came across this thread doing research on it.

Bat57

Threads
Well, I sure am glad to see that I am not the only person interested in these little gems. View attachment 45885 Hopefully you can see my picture. The two in the picture (in the picture) are indeed in my possession. 131.8430 and a 131.8532. I have had very little luck finding much info on these machines and in my free time I still dig around on the web a little. I have somehow got lucky and found the owners manual and parts list on ebay at one point. I also know, after digging up some vintage sears ads, that they were sold from 1966 to 1968. The older ones have a 3/4 steering wheel and non gear reduction steering. Whereas the later ones have a full steering wheel and gear reduction steering. Along with a structural change to the vertical brace holding the dash panel. The engine is a v60 tecumseh 6hp. Most of the engine parts are still available new except the muffler, fuel tank and fuel guage.
Hi. Just found one of the 131.8430 models and would like to know where the best place to find engine parts at. Thanks

Rustyspace

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi. Just found one of the 131.8430 models and would like to know where the best place to find engine parts at. Thanks
I have found many of my engine parts on ebay as NOS items. In the parts list, sears listed the actual Tecumseh part numbers. I could possibly copy the parts lists and send them over to you guys if you can provide an email address to send them too.