550E, Pls verify my understanding...

kidzbank

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought a power washer last year with a Briggs 550E, Model #09P702.124F1. Plastic carb, primer model. Used it once last year worked fine except when you stopped the engine you had to wait a few minutes before you could start it again. Put the engine in proper layup over the winter. Only ever use 91octane gas. This year it wouldn't start at all. Shoot ether in the intake and it would run as long as you kept it sprayed. Pulled the plug and it was dry. Watched the requisite number of useless youtube videos dealing with the primer, which didn't seem to be working, and cleaning the carb jets. I removed the carb and cleaned out everything. . . didn't find anything to unplug but I did it anyway. Reinstalled the carb and the primer seemed to be over-zealous if you catch my drift, however, the engine would try to start a couple of times, and then back to no start condition.

Just to make sure I understand this engine:
1. It has NO choke assembly so the butterfly is wide open when the engine is off and cold. . .Is this correct?
2. The white primer barb connects to absolutely nothing. . . Is this also correct?
3. There is no thermostat linkage to the muffler. . . Correct????

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Correct on all three accounts.