480/400-8 Riding Lawn Mower Sears XL10

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don.
How many 5" or 6" rims have you removed the tyre from ?
If you have to do it daily like most techs do then you will understand why tubeless is the only way to go
I can put a plug in a tubeless tyre in less than 5 minutes
IT can take better than 1 hour to remove a tube patch it & replace it
And before you ask, none of those tyre goos work on mower tyres because they are not designed to work on tyres that are basically flat unless you fill the tyre to the height of the rim so that would be about 4 bottles of goop
Add to that it is water soluible so every time they tyre gets wet it will leak again .
I always fit a 4 ply front
Most fronts go down because they get side forces that run the bead off the rim
OTOD a 4 ply tyre is a lot stiffer thana 2 ply so it makes for a rougher ride over rough yards.

Just Don

Threads
Don.
How many 5" or 6" rims have you removed the tyre from ?
If you have to do it daily like most techs do then you will understand why tubeless is the only way to go
I can put a plug in a tubeless tyre in less than 5 minutes
IT can take better than 1 hour to remove a tube patch it & replace it
And before you ask, none of those tyre goos work on mower tyres because they are not designed to work on tyres that are basically flat unless you fill the tyre to the height of the rim so that would be about 4 bottles of goop
Add to that it is water soluible so every time they tyre gets wet it will leak again .
I always fit a 4 ply front
Most fronts go down because they get side forces that run the bead off the rim
OTOD a 4 ply tyre is a lot stiffer thana 2 ply so it makes for a rougher ride over rough yards.
Thanks for your reply, and I'M not big on tire goo really.
The main reason tubes are because of the bead breaking of course that probably happens less than the bead coming loose...
I do understand breaking down one it hasn't taken me an hour but it's a pain.