48" Flip up won't flip up

bslow47

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Flip up will not flip up anymore. I insert the pin in the lower switch on the deck rail, which kills the deck from moving as it should. I pull the lever in the back, which (dis)engages the other switch, and nothing happens.
I took that switch out and ran a continuity check, which checked out fine. Deck height adjustment works fine. But I can't flip it up anymore. Does anyone have ideas? Thank!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Check the circuit breaker to see if it is tripped. Don't know if it is manual reset or auto reset type.
1675373684170.png

1675373651593.png

Lawn Addict
Threads
There was another thread with same issue just recently..

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
There was another thread with same issue just recently..
Yes there was and it was the same person and he got no where so I try helping since I have found the electrical schematic where we can do some point to point electrical checks.

bslow47

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you,
This makes good sense. I did not know about that breaker. I checked all that I could see, and all checked out. I'll give this one a whirl and let you know.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
What is strange is the parts list doesn't a PN for the breaker so the amperage rating is not known. But the schematic in hand and a test meter you should be able to pin point the problem.

bslow47

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check the circuit breaker to see if it is tripped. Don't know if it is manual reset or auto reset type.
View attachment 63354

View attachment 63353
Again, thank you for the schematic info. I found the breaker and engraved on the side it reads "short stop". I was optimistic this would be my problem but, I ran continuity across it and it checked out fine. It appears to be a one and done type of breaker. There was no reset on it. Could be a auto reset but, I don't know. I was just a little tin box with the two posts on it for the wire connection. then there was a rubber cover/boot over it.

Since I was in there I decided to check all the other switches again and they all checked out fine.
I don't know what's left. Controller, maybe? If controller was bad would the grass cut height still work?

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hmmmm, following..