4 Wheelers and Bush Hogs

RockHound

Threads
I have a neighbor who has a four wheeler that he uses as a lawn mower by towing a bush hog made for the four wheeler. He loves it because he has LOTS of yard to mow. He usually gets 2 acres of lawn done in about an hour and a half which is fantastic.

Greenblades

Threads
I am having a tough time imagining that. It sounds like it could be a lot of fun :biggrin:, but I wonder how safe it is, especially if there is an incline, stumps or divots. I hope he wears a helmet so he can get his thrills and speed without being a statistic!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Actually there are several manufactures of powered finish mowers made to be towed with the lower geared 4 wheelers...
There are sprayers and quite a few other attachments... Myself I prefer a tractor... :laughing: KennyV

Threads
I built one, see my photos under mikes' grass cutter. I am now converting it to a remote controlled mower. 5 acres to cut, just need a hammock to complete it...

mike's grass cutter

Dirtysailor

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Bush Hog Brand GPF 50 tow behind flail mower if anyone is interested for sale. It does just what is descirbed in this post. Flail blades/hammers are thin designed for grass work. Has its own gas powered Tecumseh 10HP on it. It worked well for me, but I sold the ATV and bought a JD 2210 with MMM, so I have no need anymore. I debated converting it to 3 PT but decided to sell it outright.

Greenblades

Threads
I feel like I learn something new everyday! Around here I just see (mostly kids) zooming around on ATVs in the fields. (Its a bit rural). So it didn't dawn on my that it could be used for anything more than death defying fun. Though, even at a slower pace I bet it makes mowing a bit more enjoyable.

Mike, I tried to look at the photos you mention on your page but I couldn't find them. I guess I will have to turn to google to get a peek!