2020 Elite Hour Meter Replacement

Bobster

Threads
I took my bad boy in for service and found out that my hour meter was bad. I had seen this since I bought it, but thought maybe I was not doing something right when checking the hours. I just normally do the maintenance at the beginning of mowing season. The dealer quoted me $75.00 for a new meter. I have looked on line and find the bad boy models for $69.00 but that is not saving much. So I was wondering, is there an after market one that will work for this mower. But here is the other kicker, until I get the mower back, I have no idea if it just has one prong (connector) or more on it. I see several on Amazon that are under $20 but not sure if they will work since they are not a 1 prong.

Thanks for help
Bobster

Bobster

Threads
Thanks, I will try this also.
Bob

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The cheaper you go the cheaper the unit will be constructed.

Plus the local dealer has to make a little on the parts or he won't be in business long. Online sources don't have the overhead like the local shops have.

KC Grampa

Forum Newbie
Threads
My hour meter was inoperable when I brought the mower home about 3 years back. I called the BadBoy Parts Department in Batesville, explained what I was seeing and what I had done, and the guy mailed me a new hour meter as a warranty repair. It might be worth a free phone call to the factory just for grins. They may have had a run of defective meters back then.

L.J.B.

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just had to replace my meter too. 2 years old about 36 hours on machine. BB dealer gave me a new meter and told me they have seen a lot of them fail. I priced a replacement at another dealer and it was $88 and it required a 12v source and ground, and did not have the tach portion, just an hour meter. I like the BB version, and hope this new one lasts longer than the last one.

Bobster

Threads
Sounds like I should have contacted Bad Boy direct instead of the dealer who just wants to sell it.

L.J.B.

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like I should have contacted Bad Boy direct instead of the dealer who just wants to sell it.
My dealer was really cool and didn't charge me for the replacement. I was prepared to pay a little for it, but not 80 bucks. I wanted to get it replaced asap. Good Luck.

Bobster

Threads
My dealer wasn't as welling to help. It is a large dealer with more than 25 bad boy mowers on the lot.