2013 Ferris Zero Turn Leak

NJK570

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2013 Ferris is700z zero turn with the 28hp B&S Turf engine on it. I have had a slow leak for a couple weeks now but it's seem to be getting worse. The left hydraulic reservoir is almost empty which tells me the fluid leaking is hydraulic fluid. The weird thing Is that the leak seems to coming from below the B&S engine and not the hydo Motors on the wheels, they're dry as a whistle and so are the lines. How can I be leaking hydraulic fluid from the bottom of the engine? I can't even see where the leak is coming from because of all the metal shrouds but I know for s fact it's coming from where the engine sits on the frame.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
If engine oil level on dipstick is good then it probably is hydraulic fluid from left reservoir. I would service both hydro motors ASAP or have your shop do it.
Have your model & serial numbers handy to help locate manuals. On another note, just wandering if one of your hydraulic hoses/lines has a pin hole shooting fluid to underside of engine? Hydraulic hoses/lines could be chafing each other or another part of mower, they are under high pressure hydraulic fluid so it may take one person operating controls while another uses inspection light searching for leak, remember SAFETY FIRST, wear Safety Glasses etc.

Last edited:

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yup, hydro motors and oil probably never been serviced. Let us know how much the motors are.

slomo

Mower King

Threads
B&S 28hp Commercial Turf engines are prone to leak at the sump gasket
The HG wheel motors, the charge pumps leak,out the very bottom.
Identify were the leak is & we can give advice on the repair!