2012 FasTrak SD with Honda Motor?!?

gabowman

Threads
Is anybody running a FasTrak Super Duty mower with the Honda GXV630 motor on it? I have found this one...a good price on a "NEW" 2012 SD in 48" cut but I dont know anything about this engine. I looked it up and see where it's rated as a 20.8 hp motor. My other option is the regular FasTrak (54" cut preferred) with a 24 hp FS Kawasaki on it. How well do you guys suppose this Honda stacks up against the Kawasaki engine?

Threads
Is anybody running a FasTrak Super Duty mower with the Honda GXV630 motor on it? I have found this one...a good price on a "NEW" 2012 SD in 48" cut but I dont know anything about this engine. I looked it up and see where it's rated as a 20.8 hp motor. My other option is the regular FasTrak (54" cut preferred) with a 24 hp FS Kawasaki on it. How well do you guys suppose this Honda stacks up against the Kawasaki engine?

I don't have any experience with that mower, but even though I am a Honda fan I would go with the Kawasaki. More power (I think)!

Honda Engines - GXV630 4-Stroke Engine

FS730V 24hp | Critical Power by Kawasaki Engines

honda.jpg kawasaki.png

morganflyboy

Forum Newbie
Threads

I have what your talking about, and I would not trade it for anything. I am a big Honda motor fan. I still have my Honda self propelled mower I bought in 1986 and it still is running strong. My buddy bought the combo with the Kawasaki and has had many problems, soooo I guess you can get a lemon in either one. Just my 2 cents.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have what your talking about, and I would not trade it for anything. I am a big Honda motor fan. I still have my Honda self propelled mower I bought in 1986 and it still is running strong. My buddy bought the combo with the Kawasaki and has had many problems, soooo I guess you can get a lemon in either one. Just my 2 cents.

I always wondered why Honda made the decision to discontinue making law tractors. My next-door-neighbor had one that belonged to his dad and it was 30 years old before he had to replace it. And I have always heard positive things about their engines. However, my research concluded that overall the Kawasaki engines are currently the most reliable with the highest torque on the market. Torque(not horsepower) is an important factor especially for ZTR applications.

Kremeneon

Threads
Torque(not horsepower) is an important factor especially for ZTR applications.

yep, more torque is better:

Honda:
Net Power Output* 20.8 hp (15.5 kW) @ 3,600 rpm
Net Torque 35.6 lbs ft (48.3 Nm) @ 2,500 rpm

Kawa:
Maximum Power 24.0hp (17.9kW) / 3,600rpm
Max Torque 40.0ft lbs (54.2Nキm) / 2,400RPM

neetan

Threads
yep, more torque is better:

Honda:
Net Power Output* 20.8 hp (15.5 kW) @ 3,600 rpm
Net Torque 35.6 lbs ft (48.3 Nm) @ 2,500 rpm

Kawa:
Maximum Power 24.0hp (17.9kW) / 3,600rpm
Max Torque 40.0ft lbs (54.2Nキm) / 2,400RPM

Hi Guys,

I just bought the current ver. as an old unit sitting in a show room with 0.9 hr. on it

As discussed the model number 930131CE, But they told me it is a 2014 but a euro version.

Now my thought are that it is $4500 of the current model and with the full warranty! Well, I can live with the older unit.

48" cut and 2 gas tanks, ROP and Mulch kit plus an extra set of blades, I think I can live with that. I am hoping it will arrive next week, If there is some thing I need to address please let me know ASAP.

Cheers,

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I always wondered why Honda made the decision to discontinue making law tractors. My next-door-neighbor had one that belonged to his dad and it was 30 years old before he had to replace it. And I have always heard positive things about their engines. However, my research concluded that overall the Kawasaki engines are currently the most reliable with the highest torque on the market. Torque(not horsepower) is an important factor especially for ZTR applications.

Honda exited the ride on market because not enough people wanted a top quality mower that will last 20 years standing on it head.
They just wanted cheap and nasty so rather than degrade their product to an inferiour standard that the public would buy in mass they exited the market.

The same thing goes for engines.
The Honda engines were by far the best engineered and made engines but that made them too expensive for Joe public so they exited that market as well and Kawakasi stepped in and proved Honda to be correct.
If you haunt these pages you will see a lot of owners bemoaning the big nosedive in the quality of Kawakasi engines which are being downgraded to a price the public will pay.

The funny thing down here is you can not sell an essential item lke a fire pump unless it has a Honda engine on it.