13AQ609G063

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
This deck is screwy. It's one with the manual PTO. Since there's no hood, and I can't find the right belt for it, I'm at a loss.
The parts diagrams I'm looking at, (1 on Partstree and the other on Jacks), doesn't even show a belt. Parts tree lists a belt. But gives no part number. Just says "unavailable."

The two idlers are bolted to the bottom of the mower frame. Not on top of the deck. If I had a length/width measurement, I could get a belt.

Has anyone ran across this one, and know what deck belt this is supposed to have?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
click ----->

That's the one I ordered. But it's way too short. Looking at a different diagram, seems it calls for a 754-0485, which is 97 1/4. I've got a 97" belt, but it's about 1/2" to 1" too loose.

But I think I'm narrowing it down.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
That's odd, thats in the parts list for that model number.
BUT (there's always a but) I noticed in the parts list it lists different deck shell part numbers, i wonder if multiple decks were used on that mower, might need to determine it by the serial number?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's odd, thats in the parts list for that model number.
BUT (there's always a but) I noticed in the parts list it lists different deck shell part numbers, i wonder if multiple decks were used on that mower, might need to determine it by the serial number?

This model came with an manual PTO and an electric one. Maybe they got the part numbers mixed up. 95 1/2 is still too loose. I'm getting closer. But I ran out of new belts (in stock) to try and fit. I may call the parts house.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Question: If I can pull the belt 1" away from the inside of the pulley, how much shorter of a belt do I need?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
954-0485 for single belt design. Are you sure you are routing the belt correctly?

13AQ 42 single belt.JPG

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
By the time it was all said and done, it was a 91/3/4 deck belt.
Had to remove a belt guide (small OD metal rod) the other shop had put that was all in the way. It was L shaped. (not even on the parts diagram) Once I got that off, it freed up about 1/4 belt tension.
Now everything is back on. I mowed about 1/4 acre, engaging and disengaging the belt around each corner. It stayed on. And I didn't smell anything. Soooo, I guessing it's all good.

One thing I didn't like, was the two idler pulleys the other shop put on. They were plastic and didn't have much of a lip on them. I told the customer about it, but he says to just leave'm and he'll get the other shop to put the right ones on it. The OEM ones are metal and have higher lip.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
954-0485 for single belt design. Are you sure you are routing the belt correctly?

View attachment 53956

I'm correct in the routing. The routing sticker is still on the deck.

Crap, you got me thinking now. Wondering if I routed it backwards?

Ok, I just went and double checked. And I have it on right. I'm thinking that maybe the other shop have the wrong idlers on it.

Mower King

Threads
This deck is screwy. It's one with the manual PTO. Since there's no hood, and I can't find the right belt for it, I'm at a loss.
The parts diagrams I'm looking at, (1 on Partstree and the other on Jacks), doesn't even show a belt. Parts tree lists a belt. But gives no part number. Just says "unavailable."

The two idlers are bolted to the bottom of the mower frame. Not on top of the deck. If I had a length/width measurement, I could get a belt.

Has anyone ran across this one, and know what deck belt this is supposed to have?
Were you looking for the sticker on the hood that has all the part #'s on it? I have seen those stickers have the wrong part #'s on them before, even on new products. I look them up now, just to make sure, after trying to struggle with a wrong size belt!

Last edited: