CUB CADET 13 HP KOHLER COMAND OHV ENGINE

MRMUDMAN

Forum Newbie
Threads
I DRAINED THE TANK - CHANGED THE OIL BECAUSE IT HAD GAS IN IT -- IT IS BACKFIRING THROUGH THE EXHAUST -- I CLEANED THE CARB BOWL ETC COULD THIS THING BE OUT OF TIME I WAS NOT CUTTING GRASS JUST HAULING TWIGS IN THE CART IT STARTED SMOKING BLUE SMOKE AND THEN JUST CAME TO A STOP ANY SUGGESTIONS ON THE TIMING I NEVER HAD THE MOTOR APART THIS TRACTOR HAS LOW HOURS ON IT

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
You said that you cleaned the fuel bowl. but did you find and repair the reason for the float valve not sealing.

dfbroxy

Threads
Sounds like the backfiring was caused by either a sheared flywheel keyway or out of adjustment valves, and this may have caused a blown headgasket resulting in smoking and engine shutdown.

MRMUDMAN

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like the backfiring was caused by either a sheared flywheel keyway or out of adjustment valves, and this may have caused a blown headgasket resulting in smoking and engine shutdown.

That what it seems to me , never had one of these engines apart but i have to repair it i have to pull the motor to get to the flywheel . changed many keyways on push mowers , my helpers just loved to try to grind up rocks . will check the compression then figure how to get the motor out

MRMUDMAN

Forum Newbie
Threads
You said that you cleaned the fuel bowl. but did you find and repair the reason for the float valve not sealing.

I took the carb off cleaned it blew it out with air it had some water and dirt in the bowl checked to see that the float was working and not sticking , i will check compression today check the seat in the bowl again before i pull the engine