Husqvarna LGT-2654 Front Wheels keep falling off!

ScheffFrog

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Husqvarna LGT-2654 that the front wheels continue to fall off. The more I fix them, the worse the problem has gotten. HELP!

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Could you please explain what you mean by this? Not sure what to do?

Do a Bing search on "C" clip

It is shaped like the letter c with a protrusion in the middle.
It fits in a groove at the outer edge of the spindle.
The tire goes on...
then probably a washer, then the "C" clip and maybe a dust cover

ScheffFrog

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do a Bing search on "C" clip

It is shaped like the letter c with a protrusion in the middle.
It fits in a groove at the outer edge of the spindle.
The tire goes on...
then probably a washer, then the "C" clip and maybe a dust cover

No, the C-Clip continues to fall off. This is a known problem with these wheels. I've had them replaced five times, and they just fall off again.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the groove is rounded then use a Dremel or similar to cut the groove deeper and fit the next size down clip.
You can fit an external circlip which will be tighter then the C or E clip but if you do you will have to make a custom washer to go behind it that is a very close fit on the shaft
Next opting is to drill the axel & fit a split pin, called Cotter pin to some.
Finally you can drill the end and put a bolt in there with some spacers to make up the distance back to the position of the C clip.
Replacing the wheel bushes goes a long way to keeping the wheel on

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
No, the C-Clip continues to fall off. This is a known problem with these wheels. I've had them replaced five times, and they just fall off again.

You failed to give that little detail.

Some shafts have a hole all the way through and use a cotter pin.
drill a hole all the way through and use a cotter pin.

ScheffFrog

Forum Newbie
Threads
You failed to give that little detail.

Some shafts have a hole all the way through and use a cotter pin.
drill a hole all the way through and use a cotter pin.

Yes, I've read this several times but with no understanding of exactly how to do that its a guessing game of promised failure if I do not accomplish it correctly. Is there any place I can get some diagrams and perhaps visible media that will show me the steps to take? If you have any idea how I might accomplish this feat I would so appreciate it. I'm not mechanical in that sense of the word and don't want to end up damaging the goods along the way.

Thanks for your answering my posts though. This is very hopeful that I may be able to fix the mower!

Sincerely,
ScheffFrog

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, I've read this several times but with no understanding of exactly how to do that its a guessing game of promised failure if I do not accomplish it correctly. Is there any place I can get some diagrams and perhaps visible media that will show me the steps to take? If you have any idea how I might accomplish this feat I would so appreciate it. I'm not mechanical in that sense of the word and don't want to end up damaging the goods along the way.

Thanks for your answering my posts though. This is very hopeful that I may be able to fix the mower!

Sincerely,
ScheffFrog

I am not there to see it...
I would drill a hole with a high speed electric drill...not a cordless.
Located in the groove of the "C" clip is what I would look at.

A good HS drill bit...maybe 1/8 inch
Cotter pins come in numerous sizes/lengths etc.
I would use a 1/8 inch diameter pin that is long enough to bend the ends when it sticks out
put a washer between the wheel and the cotter pin

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you can not understand what has been said so far and also do not have the mechanical ability to carry out the repair then perhaps you should just consider replacing the steering pin.