HIBOSCH?

turbofiat124

Threads
You know how the Chinese like to change letters around while using the same font to fool people that their knock offs are the same thing. Some examples: Sharpei instead of Sharpie markers and Memex instead of Memorex cassette tapes (as far back as the 1980s).

Well now I have seen it all, "HIBOSCH". Notice that they have also incorporated the B&S logo into their design. This engine is probable a Yanmar knockoff. I've got a generator I bought from Big Lots that has a copy of the famous Honda 6.5 hp side shaft engine that is on my push mower and pressure washer.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...ml?spm=a2700.7724857.main07.57.719ce7eaHSwHFr

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The Chinese governemnt has a very intelligent foreign investment policy.
Much like Saudi Arabia when 50% of any business set up belongs to the Government ( in place of being taxed ) , the Chinese require every foreign company to set up joint ventures.
Thus when the USA companies come over looking for cheap labour you don't end up with a Mexico or Brazil situation where your workers are effectively slaves for foreign shareholders.

Thus you might find that HIBOSCH is actually part owned by Briggs or even Hi-Bosch a joint venture between Hio Jantza & Bosch.
In 99.99% of the faked products, the fake name is owned by the person who ordered the product and not the company that made it.
the H.Onda engine that I was involed with were made to order for an Australian sleeze bag multi millionare , along with the OnGura fire pumps they were fitted to .
The factory that made them makes a dozen brands of engine, but none are marketed by them, it is all contract.
This has been one of the reasons why Chinese companies have done so well.
Very few of them make their "own" products, they only make products for others thus 100% of the output gets sold even if it is a total failure in the market.
The mob who used to make McCulloch , Ryobi , Ozeto & a few other brands of cheap hand helds in Tiawan was the same, as was Global Machinery as was Global Garden.

turbofiat124

Threads
Bert, what do you think about these Chinese 22 hp vertical shaft diesel engines?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/22HP-Diesel-Engine-of-Lawn-Mower_206759365.html

I can't find it at the moment but I have seen these on another website for US $800 + shipping but you have to buy three of them.

I think it would be cool to own a diesel powered lawnmower.

Kubota 3 cylinder diesel lawnmowers over here have an incredible resale value. I don't know if the owner's just think they are gold and want to recoup most of what they paid for it new or that is what they actually sell for. A good used Snapper sells for about $200.

My question is, if the mower is good why buy a new one? Unless of course you own a lawn mowing service and you just want to update your equipment every few years to avoid maintenance. I'd think Kubota would be one of the best mowers on the market as much as they cost.

I've had my Husquvarna for about 10 years and the only problems I've had have been with the deck. Once to weld one of the deck hanger brackets and the other time to weld the wheel bracket. That was probably my fault trying to squeeze a 46" deck through a 48" hole (my yard barn). The other time was when my daughter threw a shepherds hook out in the yard and I ran over it before it was too late and had to replace the blades and eventually a spindle.

In other words, I don't replace cars and mowers like most people do just for the heck of it. My 20 year old Chevrolet van still runs fine (despite using a liter of oil every 2000 miles) and even if I blow the motor or transmission, I'm going to replace it instead of buying a new (or newer) van. Then I have a 2003 Subaru among other old cars.

The problem with diesels (anything diesel) in the United States is they are not cost effective. Diesel costs more than gasoline. I think the oil companies have it figured out.
Dad used to brag that his VW Jetta TDI got 45 mpg (US). But I did the math and found out my Subaru 2.5 liter got a maximum of 28 MPG (US) and the cost between the two fuels averaged out the same.

Unless you plan on pulling something heavy there is not really a cost advantage of owning a diesel in the United States.

I've heard you can thin down diesel fuel with used motor oil to make it go further but I've never owned a diesel to know how well it would run on it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I don't give opinions on any engine that I have never seen or worked on

Also I never fit nor recommend fitting any engine that does not have a support network complete with a spares supply network.

turbofiat124

Threads
I don't give opinions on any engine that I have never seen or worked on

Also I never fit nor recommend fitting any engine that does not have a support network complete with a spares supply network.

Just wondered if you had seen anything like this in OZ. Since diesels seem to be more popular down under. I wondered if it was a copy of something.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just wondered if you had seen anything like this in OZ. Since diesels seem to be more popular down under. I wondered if it was a copy of something.

Really ?

My workshop is on the rural fringe of Sydney and I don't see any diesel mowers.
Diesel cars are popular because of the cultural cringe ( anything from Europe mus be better ) and the fact it is a long way from anywhere to everywhere .
My landlords diesel will do Sydney Melbourne on a single fill my LPG van take 4 fill for the same distance , the petrol van needs 3 fills.
The price of diesel is a lot cheaper outside of the cities than petrol.
The price of diesle is fairly stable where "petrol" can jump over $ 1,00 /gal in a single day.
Then there is the ignorant but well meaning environmental warriours who were duped into believing that the modern "clean" diesels were better than a petrol car when in fact they are nearly 10 time dirtier.