Lawn Tractor Lights

mullins87

Threads
Do you know of any kits to do that that are pretty easy to connect because I am a beginner at the electronic conecting

I doubt you'll find a kit for your purpose as not too many do what you seem to want to do. Assuming you have metal fenders, or anywhere else you want to mount the lights, those fenders should be grounded. If not, then you'll have to attach a ground wire to each light. That takes care of half the circuit. As far as the positive side of the circuit, I'd add what I call a piggyback spade terminal to the switched side of your headlight switch, provided your headlight switch uses spade terminals. From there, run the switched positive wire to the first light, then daisy-chain on to the next lights.

sterlinglawn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here's an example of what I called a piggyback spade terminal. This would be a great way for you to get power from your headlight switch to your lights, if your switch uses spade connectors.

PIGGYBACK CONNECTOR 16-14GA PVC BLUE 100PK

I think I have found what looking for. It is flashing strobes with controller I can hook up to battery. So if it will work I might get the piggy backs so when I turn on headlights I can turn on the controller for the lights. I will put the wires strait to the battery if having them on doesn't run down the battery. Do you know if they will. Here's the link.

4x 3 LED R/B Police Car Truck Grille Flash Strobe Light A163r

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think I have found what looking for. It is flashing strobes with controller I can hook up to battery. So if it will work I might get the piggy backs so when I turn on headlights I can turn on the controller for the lights. I will put the wires strait to the battery if having them on doesn't run down the battery. Do you know if they will. Here's the link.

4x 3 LED R/B Police Car Truck Grille Flash Strobe Light A163r

Led lights use basically no electricity so don't worries about it I bet you could have your tractor off and leave the lights on all night and be able to start it in the morning lol just don't test that please

mullins87

Threads
You can hook them directly to the battery, but I would advise you to connect them to the headlight circuit. That way, you know they are only on when the headlights are on, and there is no way to leave them on after you've shut the tractor off. That looks like a neat set of flashers for the price. Let us know what the final price is after shipping and how well they work.

mullins87

Threads
Wait, I just thought of something........You might want to check your local laws concerning running red and blue flashers on or near a public roadway. Here in Kentucky it is very illegal. For obvious reasons those colors are reserved for proper emergency vehicles. The same lights in amber would be perfect as roadside equipment typically uses them.

sterlinglawn

Forum Newbie
Threads
You can hook them directly to the battery, but I would advise you to connect them to the headlight circuit. That way, you know they are only on when the headlights are on, and there is no way to leave them on after you've shut the tractor off. That looks like a neat set of flashers for the price. Let us know what the final price is after shipping and how well they work.

Finally price is 25 dollars. Ordering them tonight

metz12

Threads
thought about doing this with my tractor too. when i plow at night i have my regular lights on in the front and one of those headlight things that go on your head, backwards on the red setting. but i would like something on my tractor that blinks.