My mower is dying

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No problems.
So far everything I have ordered from them has been good.
Down here just about everything is franchised and a small bunch of "old boys" outbid each other for distribution rights then jack up the prices to recover the cost of their egos.
Thus we pay 2 to 3 times the price for everything down here.
I came across them when searching for parts .
Their rebuild kit is cheaper retail + freight + GST than I can get down here even with a trade discount .
In fact some times a replacement tranny complete is cheaper than the repair parts alone locally.

rrodger9

Threads
They certainly made this job a lot more affordable. I can even get the hoses and still save over other's prices. I appreciate the info.

rrodger9

Threads
So I made my order with Mulligans today and the order wouldn't go through at 1st. The guys from Mulligan flagged it because I had a possible invalid order. I called and they immediately knew who I was and why I was calling. They wanted to let me know that the wheel motors I chose were not the best...they were not carried by them in their warehouses and would take longer to get to me. They are also chinese knockoffs and while ok for short term was not what I wanted for long term operation. I told him the money for this was borrowed so I was working within a budget. He lowered the price of 2 Parker Wheel motors by about $50 each and waived shipping on my entire order. While it still raised the price overall, it was something I could afford to do. I will recommend these guys to everyone I know...lower prices and great customer service. Such a rarity these days.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So I made my order with Mulligans today and the order wouldn't go through at 1st. The guys from Mulligan flagged it because I had a possible invalid order. I called and they immediately knew who I was and why I was calling. They wanted to let me know that the wheel motors I chose were not the best...they were not carried by them in their warehouses and would take longer to get to me. They are also chinese knockoffs and while ok for short term was not what I wanted for long term operation. I told him the money for this was borrowed so I was working within a budget. He lowered the price of 2 Parker Wheel motors by about $50 each and waived shipping on my entire order. While it still raised the price overall, it was something I could afford to do. I will recommend these guys to everyone I know...lower prices and great customer service. Such a rarity these days.

Excellent result.
Nice to find people who are honest, not just trying to make an easy quick buck.
Like you I have had nothing but good dealings with them
Hope the repair goes well.
Remember the magic word is clean so while you are waiting clean everything as good as you can.
I blow down trannies, then pressure wash then soda blast then rinse off
I use a home made soda blaster which is nothing more than a soda bottle with an air duster poked through it.
Not the best but cheap and does not require any masks.
Started off using animal feed soda cause it is very cheap but gone through that 50lb bag & am now using blasting soda.
Same stuff chemically wise, just bigger grains.
For you purpose a couple of pounds bought from the super market would do fine.
If you have some acid soil do it over that , soda is a ph buffer and will increase the ph of acid soil a little.
\Should mention it is BAKING soda , not Caustic Soda ( lye)

rrodger9

Threads
I appreciate the tips and all of the help

I haven't taken it apart yet since I need to cut the yard once more and need to keep it mobile so that I can move it out of the shop for a brake repair on the wife's car...I have to keep her happy...

I don't see anything in the parts diagram that shows any seals or O-rings on the hoses that lead from the pumps to the wheel motors. Are these machine fittings that don't need seals or can low pressure systems like this be sealed with teflon tape? I included a pic of the parts diagram but couldn't find 1 with both the diagram and a parts list.

diagram.gif

clintmn

Forum Newbie
Threads
You, sir,appear to be what they refer to as "on the horns of a dillemna" I have experienced this one many times myself where the clear solution seemed to be just throw some money at the problem, but the money was nowhere to be found. Fortunately, in my case, I have been blessed with some pretty good mechanical skills, so I was able to work through them via " sweat equity" . I wasn't always happy about that, either, having to come home from work and jerk around working on some piece of crappy equipment, when frankly I felt I deserved much better. And in the meantime, sometimes the grass got pretty tall! Or the garden didn't get put in in a timely fashion, etc. Unfortunately, I do not see that as an option you feel up to. Not at all your fault, each of us has their own gifts. So the following is offered purely tongue in cheek as a solution:
#1. Sell your property. Costs money to live in the 'burbs.
#2. Waste the proceeds wallowing in drugs and self pity.
#3 Move to the ghetto and complain you were "exploited by the system". Vote for politicians like Bernie Sanders who promise you they will take care of you.
#4 If only you will just give up...... All of your freedoms, any right to self determination, and your privacy.
#5 That privacy thing? Sooo... 1700's. As obsolete as the constitution. If you have a twitter or facebook account, social media has already trained you that the details of your last bowel movement are far more important than some outmoded notion of "Privacy".
Sorry to make light of your problem. Anyway, good luck, we're ALL gonna need it.

rrodger9

Threads
The problem with your solution is that I am on disability due to a couple of strokes that I had...I had to fight for almost 1 1/2 years to get them to approve it even though it was pretty obvious to me and my doctors that I would never return to work. In the meantime, I have had agents from the long term insurance show up to see what I was doing. I had friends that did this so I knew what not to get caught doing so I can't take in work to fix or I would...nor can I start up my lawn business again. I cannot take the chance of messing things up. It sucks because I feel that I could do some things but admittedly, I no longer have the stamina. I still managed to get the money together...It wasn't pretty but I did and my parts will all be here Tuesday...I can't wait. I cut with it yesterday and while it completed the task...it wasn't at all happy about it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry to hear of your problems, you do have my sympathies.
I know your situation very well and it can get very nasty doing your head right in because you feel that you can do some work, but not enough or regularly enough to support yourself but if you are seen to be doing any work it gets taken that you can support yourself. It is a mentally cruel situation.
A friend was followed 24/7 by the gum shoes from the insurance company for nearly 2 years till they thought they had enough evidence to cancel his part dissability pension.