I want to turn my yellow grass green

backintime

Threads
Hi folks,

I have noticed that my lawn is looking a bit yellow and I want to make it greener. I want to make it look nicer and greener for our back yard BBQ parties.

I have been watering and cutting it more but it still does not look great. I searched around and found that an iron supplement can help e.g https://www.toolazine.com/make-grass-green-fast/

I have never used an iron supplement before. Has anyone had sucess with it?

Thanks.

Lawn Addict
Threads
What kinda grass, & at what height are ya cutting it to ?

backintime

Threads
What kinda grass, & at what height are ya cutting it to ?

I should have mentioned that I think that I have Bermuda Grass. I know that in winter that it does not have great color but it is not winter. I cut it about 1.5-2 inches tall.

Thanks.

Threads
I am still getting used to having Hybrid Bermuda grass, but this year I may have gotten lucky, and it is finally really green. I used Scott's Southern Lawn, in the Spring, and it looked pretty good. But about 2 months later I saw it starting to fade, and put a second application. Now it looks great, and it doesn't seem to take as much water to keep it green. I am a firm believer in Scott's. Forget the cheap stuff!

Johnkim

Threads
Try fescue and bermuda. the will stay green as you desired it to be. In my case, I prefer one type of grass in my entire lawn.

plumtree

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have never used that before.